• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"hidden' Spiderman #2 on ebay

37 posts in this topic

"These come from a very old collection my father had"

893scratchchin-thumb.gif So there's a 1963 Spidey, a bunch of 1976 worthless reprints, and some 2005 reprints....

"They are in tacked"

Nice use of English language foreheadslap.gif

"They are sold as is"

Warning! Warning! Danger Will Robinson!!!

1566836-Lost_In_Space_robot_body_1_2_2004.jpg

1566836-Lost_In_Space_robot_body_1_2_2004.jpg.a82bb53e9366edc9389e42945496a3db.jpg

About 4 months ago my Fiance got an UXM #8 in a VF or better condition (1-2 non color breaking cover creases, nice cover gloss) She won it for $70 dollars, & doesn't even collect comics. I have absolutely NO luck in finding some of the stuff she does. Thats the only comic she has ever bidded on.

and what would the book grade out as without the CT?

that's the question i ask, why is CT worse than some 5 year old's scribble on the cover? why does intent matter?

obviously, you can't tell from the scan, but an ASM 2 in G/VG has got to be worth $200, no?

better yet, find the CT and write over it in black magic marker so that it's just graffiti and then you have your G/VG (or possibly better) book!

i'm not going to take a chance (don't have $200 anyway)

that's the question i ask, why is CT worse than some 5 year old's scribble on the cover? why does intent matter?

I have wondered about this a lot. It is conceivable that a color touched book could avoid a PLOD by simply signing your name over color touch.

obviously, you can't tell from the scan, but an ASM 2 in G/VG has got to be worth $200, no?

The OSG has it at 317.00 in Good condition. I guess It's up to the individial person but I would think an ASM # 2 in Good condition with some CT would be worth 200.00 bux. It's very tempting for me since really can't aford much over GD prices when it comes to the first 10 issuesof ASM.

I'm still toying with throwing down a bid around the G/G+ price. Have a feeling it will finish way higher than that, tho. I'm sure there's plenty of gamblers out there who will be hoping for a mid-to-high-grade unrestored book.

Yep, already jumped to $308...not too likely I'm bringing this home.

I like the part of the auction that says

Quantity: 1 lot available (10 items each)

Cost per item: US $30.80 each (Not sold individually)

At $30.80 each, it may be tough to break even on the other 9 books, huh... tongue.gif

Yep, already jumped to $308...not too likely I'm bringing this home.

I like the part of the auction that says

Quantity: 1 lot available (10 items each)

Cost per item: US $30.80 each (Not sold individually)

At $30.80 each, it may be tough to break even on the other 9 books, huh... tongue.gif

I'm probaly a fool for doing it but I laid down a bid anyways. I'm really just hoping for a 4.0 unrestored. If I was buying to flip, I would look for a higher grade. This may turn out pretty good even if I don't win. I got bored and started searching Ebay for ASM books. I found a few lots with a good chunk of books I need. So hopefully I get lucky one way or the other 893crossfingers-thumb.gif