• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nedor/Better Publications.
5 5

458 posts in this topic

Can I asked what you paid for that one? I think it's one of the hardest ones to find. Sorry I missed it!

PM Sent.

I got it at a bargain but the pages are brittle. Especially the bottom right. :cry: Looks decent in mylar. :)

Here are a few that I have received over the past few weeks. Even a Gerber 8!

Exciting16front.jpg

All cool books Tim, but man that 16 is smoking! I hardly ever see that one come around, especially not one as nice as yours

:applause:

How did one publisher manage to have three names -- Better, Nedor, and Standard?

They had a pulp called Startling Stories, and another pulp called Thrilling Wonder Stories. This explains the comics Startling Comics, Thrilling Comics, and Wonder Comics. Not sure what pulp Exciting Comics crossed over from.

Here are a few that I have received over the past few weeks. Even a Gerber 8!

Exciting16front.jpg

All cool books Tim, but man that 16 is smoking! I hardly ever see that one come around, especially not one as nice as yours

:applause:

Thanks Bill. Was very excited to get this one. 2nd highest graded. :headbang:

:bump:

Back from the year 2009!!!!! I don't have many (anymore) but my buddy Telerites' post about his 2017 goals got me thinking how come this Publisher (especially with the Alex Schomburg factor doesn't have a regularly bumped Thread? Turns out it did, it's just been dormant (till now) :banana:

I'll restart the party with three of my favorite books (all grails at one time till i got them.)

Exciting%20Comics%2039_zpsjqe21ihf.jpg

FightingYank7_zpsf5826b29.jpg

WhoisNext51_zpsee129ba4.jpg

That is how it starts lol

I remember my first MLJ, and my first Ace Periodicals, and am pleased by how much ground i've covered since those. 1)If you're not too picky (presentable low graders), 2)and keep vigil for the occasional 'slipped through the cracks' bargains, AND 3)take the plunge($$) on a few, you'll be there in no time (thumbs u