• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nedor/Better Publications.
5 5

458 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

Back in the 90's, a fellow around here found a group of about 20 different comics in an old store that had been closed down for a while..... I wish I'd had the foresight to gather more info.... but I think they may have been stored away with other obsolete merchandise. Each comic had from 5-20 or so copies and all were from the 50's...... same year and timeframe. All were extraordinary. One of the Ditko issues of Thing was there and a few other PCH. I think that type of thing happens from time to time. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Thing 16 famously has a ton of high-grade copies (although not, I think, a Ditko cover).  I just checked and there are 95 blue copies in 9.0 or higher. :whatthe:

7 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

Thing 16 famously has a ton of high-grade copies (although not, I think, a Ditko cover).  I just checked and there are 95 blue copies in 9.0 or higher. :whatthe:

This find didn't include the 16..... it was one of the more "scarce " ones ..... the 12 or 13 if I recall. I wish I had made note of more details, but all I ever saw was an issue of Racket Squad... a #1 or #2. The person who found them insisted on selling all of the books at once, which made it difficult as there were also Dells and the like, which weren't much in demand at the time. GOD BLESS...

8 hours ago, Comics181 said:

This is my only Nedor comic

IMG_2329.thumb.JPG.fbd8784371db23e6ee08e68e8e8fdf95.JPG

If only the Black Terror had gotten there sooner, it wouldn't have taken us 23 more years to get to the moon. 

13 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Back in the 90's, a fellow around here found a group of about 20 different comics in an old store that had been closed down for a while..... I wish I'd had the foresight to gather more info.... but I think they may have been stored away with other obsolete merchandise. Each comic had from 5-20 or so copies and all were from the 50's...... same year and timeframe. All were extraordinary. One of the Ditko issues of Thing was there and a few other PCH. I think that type of thing happens from time to time.

It certainly does, but unfortunately, only in my dreams.  :cry:

And usually, it involves books such as Action 1 along with the pre-Robin 'Tec books, amongst some others.  :cloud9:

Please don't wake me up yet.   :D

I have versions of that dream as well..... the one most often involves an out of the way country store, with vintage books still on the racks..... and occasionally  the one with the Raquel Welch lookalike who's selling her deceased Father's collection.... and who for some reason takes a shine to me :banana: GOD BLESS...

4 hours ago, telerites said:

As I near my 10 year anniversary here on in about a week on August 17, I thought I would share my accomplishment (almost)...

When I got back into collecting in the early 2000s, I really wanted to start collecting Timelys but alas even then the prices were crazy large for me so I opted to go after Nedors, primarily only the war covers of America's Best, Black Terror, Exciting, Fighting Yank, Startling, Thrilling and Wonder.  The were a bit more reasonable although today Nedors command much healthier prices.  So after a few years, I thought why not just try to finish complete runs of each title and have them all graded.  

I finished America's Best, Black Terror, Fighting Yank early on (shorter title runs) then completed Wonder then finished Exciting and Thrilling.  Believe it or not, my Thrilling run won one of the GA CGC awards this year.  I accrued multiple copies of several issues and got to the point of lacking only one book - Startling #15.  I swore I would not post anything regarding my completions until I finished all of them.  Recently I found a coverless copy of Startling #15 although it is not graded and my OCD may pay to get it slabbed but still in my mind, my collection is not complete since I am missing that cover but at least I can pass on with some measure of completion if another copy does not turn up for me.  

And the one book I have hoarded is Wonder Comics #9.  When I decided to expand and start collecting more than just war covers, that one seemed to give me some trouble but I did pick a copy or more as you can see.  If I can go through all of my slabs as everything is mixed together (a bit over 3,000 slabs), I will take group shots plus all dupes.  I do have all of them added to the registry with all the scans added to those entries at least.  So for now, here is the coverless Startling 15 (beat and coverless although no brittleness to the pages) and my Wonder 9 assortment.

Super cool story, love it.  

(worship)Congrats @telerites.  As I've said again and again , if anyone has not checked out your collection on 'My Slabbed Comics' they need to :sumo: just an incredible collection. 

Now, do we have a 'One Nedor a Day' Thread coming after @G.A.tor wraps up his INCREDIBLE 'A Centaur a Day' Thread hm :banana:

On 7/22/2017 at 9:39 PM, jimjum12 said:

Talk about flying under the radar..... this thread is on page 16 ..... (tsk) shame, shame ...... just picked this up recently, always liked this one. The Nedor airbrush covers are SO cool... GOD BLESS...

UKTgzcL.jpg

I think I cost you a few bucks on that one buddy. Absolutely awesome book and my favorite of that title believe it or not. 

38 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Reminds me a bit like the covers for Air Fighters #2 and Terrific Comics #4, but at a much lower price point I would imagine.  (thumbsu

MUCH lower, which is why I could afford it lol