• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pick you Avengers Dream-Team!

Who's your Avengers Dream-Team?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your Avengers Dream-Team?

27 posts in this topic

Here's my team:

1. Captain America (co-leader)

2. Black Bolt (co-leader) ... course there'd need to be a mind reader to help him communicate with the rest of the team ... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

3. Ms. Marvel

4. Spider-Man

5. Thing

6. Beast

7. Daredevil

you didn't even have half my favorite team listed :

Cap

Iron Man

Thor

Hawkeye

Vision

Scarlet Witch

Yellow Jacket

Wasp

I was going to say the same thing. foreheadslap.gif

thumbsup2.gif course if they were on the team bendis would just kill em or something yeahok.gif or worse make X-Men poke2.gif

Cap

Iron Man

Thor

Hawkeye

Vision

Scarlet Witch

Yellow Jacket

Wasp

doh! I just completely forgot about some of those characters ... considering Vision is "dead" and the Scarlet Witch is crazy. You're right, though ... should've had em up there. But, you have way too many original Avengers in there. Guys my age find them boring. stooges.gif

My Dream Team:

Captain America

Doctor Strange

Thor

Invisible Woman

Iron Fist

Cloak (forget Dagger)

Sentry

Daredevil

I'd likely sub-out Cloak for Vision. Vision is just too useful.

A strong runner-up is Black Widow. My stipulation is that she uses a Shield position to her advantage. Potentially even a Russian mob tie. Kind of the opposite of what they did with Spider-woman. Instead of being pulled three-ways, it's used as an advantage for the team. I guess Spider-woman and Black Widow are almost interchangeable.

Pat

Cap

Iron Man

Thor

Hawkeye

Vision

Scarlet Witch

Yellow Jacket

Wasp

doh! I just completely forgot about some of those characters ... considering Vision is "dead" and the Scarlet Witch is crazy. You're right, though ... should've had em up there. But, you have way too many original Avengers in there. Guys my age find them boring. stooges.gif

Vision isn't dead. Read Young Avengers, Winter Soldier, or even Civil War (on Cap's side).

And what is really funny is most of the traditional Avengers is what people want to see, according to your "survey" grin.gif

The wasp is just straight out nostalgia to me...always loved the Yellow Jacket/Wasp team but yeah she doesn't bring a whole lot to the table except as someone for Ultron to kidnap grin.gif

You guys obviously haven't read through the 200s of Volume #1, or #30-60 of Volume #3. Wasp was team leader, and was more than capable of handling the team.

Of course, Bendis then turned her into a slut and nearly killed her, but what can you do... confused-smiley-013.giffrustrated.gif

The wasp is just straight out nostalgia to me...always loved the Yellow Jacket/Wasp team but yeah she doesn't bring a whole lot to the table except as someone for Ultron to kidnap grin.gif

You guys obviously haven't read through the 200s of Volume #1, or #30-60 of Volume #3. Wasp was team leader, and was more than capable of handling the team.

Of course, Bendis then turned her into a slut and nearly killed her, but what can you do... confused-smiley-013.giffrustrated.gif

I've read the entire run, all three volumes, and I love Jan but she doesn't add alot to the power or the intellect of the team confused-smiley-013.gif

Both she and hank have been ruined by writers over the past 5 years or so, she's a hussy and he's a wife beater screwy.gif

To me, she's a one-trick pony that works on occasion. For instance, in Ultimates, where she flies into the Hulk's ear and lays him out. Only so many times that can be interesting. On the flip side, a good writer can write about nearly any character and make them interesting.

I just wondered why she would be a Dream Team candidate. If Cap is already on the team, why do you need more leadership? Even less worthwhile when you have Cap & Iron Man.

I think part of people's decision is based on how they felt about the Avengers in the past. Some loved the old school and felt there was no need for change. I tend to be on the other side and had little to no interest in the Avengers (barring the original crazy assemblage). Definitely not saying we need broad & illogical changes such as Spider-man and Wolverine (would prefer not to have them), but I do think a change was sorely needed. Just my opinion.

Pat