• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is-a Captain America gonna die??

66 posts in this topic

Did anyone here read the initiative one shot that came out? Carol Danvers says some intersteing things as to Cap's "death".
Yeah, I did and I brough it up myself. I'm thinking it might have been a ploy to fool Jessica Drew into joining Tony and company. On the other hand, Tony got upset with Ms. Marvel saying something to the effect that he didn't authorize her to do or say something unspecified when she spoke to Jessica. That suggests that Cap is alive is supposed to be a secret. Who knows? Only time will tell!

Even if Steve Rogers is "dead", that doesn't mean there won't be a Captain America. 26 deals with the ramifications of what happened in 25 - specifically with Sharon Carter, Bucky and Nick Fury. I think it's becoming pretty darn obvious who will be wearing the red, white and blue for a while until Rogers is brought back --- Norman Osborn style (DOA in one panel, then months later we're shown what happened afterwards when his vitals suddenly restarted).

Even if Steve Rogers is "dead", that doesn't mean there won't be a Captain America. 26 deals with the ramifications of what happened in 25 - specifically with Sharon Carter, Bucky and Nick Fury. I think it's becoming pretty darn obvious who will be wearing the red, white and blue for a while until Rogers is brought back --- Norman Osborn style (DOA in one panel, then months later we're shown what happened afterwards when his vitals suddenly restarted).

The Punisher????confused-smiley-013.gif

Good point.

Superman 75 - death

Superman 76 - 77 funeral

Superman 78 - 81 "moving on" and "who else can fill in"

Superman 82 - He's ALIVE!

Rinse, repeat.

Good point.

Superman 75 - death

Superman 76 - 77 funeral

Rinse, repeat.

Yeah but there was a publishing stop of a few months for the books!

Good point.

Superman 75 - death

Superman 76 - 77 funeral

Rinse, repeat.

Yeah but there was a publishing stop of a few months for the books!

Yeah, but that was Superman. He deserved a "moment of silence".

This is just the apparent sniping of Captain America's clone... so, back to work. thumbsup2.gif

I can just see the new storyline that unfolds...

"We see a hospital bed, with a comatose Steve Rogers surronded by all manner of high tech machinery. We discover that he survived but a stray bullet has destroyed the part of his brain which controls his emotional state. He awakens to find that he now, instead of being a very controlled person, he falls into constant states of aggressive behaviour... (CUE THE RETURN OF THE HULK)...in a strange twist of fate, upon the return of the Hulk we find that he has now become the mentor to a new aggressive Steve Rogers, helping him on how to try and control and use this aggressive behaviour"

Maybe i should copywrite that idea 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Surfer,

I miss Jurgens Thor as well. I thought it was freakin brillant toward the end. He just never had a decent regular penciler.

Perhaps they will time Thor's return to the World Wide Hulk arc? I mean what's a Hulk battle against superhero's without those two going at each other? Or perhaps the Silver Surfer will find Thor drifting in space and then we go from there. Whatever happens to Cap I think if they kill off Steve Rogers for good it would crimminal. I wonder what Stan Lee thinks of the idea. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Surfer,

I miss Jurgens Thor as well. I thought it was freakin brillant toward the end. He just never had a decent regular penciler.

Perhaps they will time Thor's return to the World Wide Hulk arc? I mean what's a Hulk battle against superhero's without those two going at each other? Or perhaps the Silver Surfer will find Thor drifting in space and then we go from there. Whatever happens to Cap I think if they kill off Steve Rogers for good it would crimminal. I wonder what Stan Lee thinks of the idea. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

From Newsweek

What’s your reaction to the death of Captain America? Did you see this coming?

STAN LEE: I was a little bit shocked when I heard about it, as I think everybody else was. It’s really a shame. He was a great guy and certainly America could use a man like that right now.

When you’re involved at the beginning of a comic, do you ever think about how it might end, how the superhero might die?

STAN: To tell you the truth, I never did. I used to feel that if I were lucky enough to create a character that would be popular, I wasn’t about to kill him because I’d be killing my bread and butter. sumo.gif

Surfer,

From Newsweek

What’s your reaction to the death of Captain America? Did you see this coming?

STAN LEE: I was a little bit shocked when I heard about it, as I think everybody else was. It’s really a shame. He was a great guy and certainly America could use a man like that right now.

When you’re involved at the beginning of a comic, do you ever think about how it might end, how the superhero might die?

STAN: To tell you the truth, I never did. I used to feel that if I were lucky enough to create a character that would be popular, I wasn’t about to kill him because I’d be killing my bread and butter. sumo.gif

Plain and simple words from the wise.