• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gerber 7's and above please! Can I see a 10?

661 posts in this topic

Here is a Gerber 9 that is not in the Overstreet. I think because technically it was not an American comic. It was a Hawaiian comic from 1949, ten years before Hawaii became a state. I have seen this comic on the net being labled as a Canadian comic. That is in error. It is a Hawaiian comic about Hawaiians. It is virtually impossible to find.

koko001.jpg

I have seen a few board members with Hoods up comics and while they are all quite rare, I have never seen anyone with the Fram fun book which is made by the same company that put out the hoods up comics.

Fram001.jpg

Bell Serviceman #2 - Classified comic for training Bell aircraft technicians.

87094.jpg

Classified???????? :popcorn:

Check the fine print at the bottom of the cover.

From Wikipedia and other sources:

• During and before World War II, the U.S. had a category of classified information called restricted, which was below confidential...The U.S. had a Restricted level [of classified information] during World War II but no longer does.

Don't worry, this comic should be automatically declassified by now due to its age.

Ok, I should have kept reading! doh! Yes, I admit, I was lazy. :P

Sounds like SBU or even FOUO today, but b/c it was wartime it had a heightened legal status. Very cool.

I know it has been posted in this thread a couple of times, but here is my copy. Gerber has this one listed as a #10. I know of three copies. Jon Berk had two, this one is his under copy. Heritage had a rather high grade one, pedigree of some sort, that recently sold via their buy it now price ($4K I think). There must be a few others out there. After some Photoshop magic it looks as good as new...

Wow%20WAM%20%232%20%28150%29.jpg, Wow%20What%20A%20Magazine%20%232%20%2850%25%29.jpg