• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gerber 7's and above please! Can I see a 10?

661 posts in this topic

Gerber Photo journals have a rarity or scarcity index for the books. So a book that is listed in the journal as a 7 or up are quite rare.

Not positive on the numbers for each, because I dont have the books with me at the moment, but I believe they are around 50 or less copies known for a 7 and then less as the number gets higher...

Somebody with the books in hand might want to chime in and post exact numbers. Hope that helps..

Although, I think some of these numbers are now debatable as cgc is getting numbers of graded books that are close to the total number of some of the books known to exist...

Is this correct, anyone?

here you go:

A Gerber 1 is Very Common

A Gerber 2 is Common

A Gerber 3 is More Than Average

A Gerber 4 has 1,000-2,000 comics in existence

A Gerber 5 has 200-1,000 comics in existence

A Gerber 6 has 50-200 comics in existence

A Gerber 7 has 21-50 comics in existence

A Gerber 8 has 11-20 comics in existence

A Gerber 9 has 6-10 comics in existence

A Gerber 10 has 1-5 comics in existence

A Gerber 11 has 0 comics in existence

here you go:

A Gerber 2 is Common

That was just off the top of your head right...? (thumbs u

Just a note; the CGC census numbers are a great tool, but I wouldn't count on it being accurate at all. Maybe a ballpark number though and still helpful. If CGC had taken scans of each rare book submitted (they have on some books), at least they would have accurate numbers, but I don't think this is the case. That is too bad!!!

Too many books have since been cracked out of their slabs and resubmitted again without the label (from the slab) so this presents a false number unfortunately. I know I have one book for example that I own that is the highest graded CGC book and the census shows two copies slabbed, but both copies are the copy I currently own, which right now is not even slabbed at all. So if I were to resubmit again and have it slabbed the census would show 3 copies even though there is only one copy in this grade. You can bet there are thousands of more similar stories out there in Comicland (books cracked, and resubmitted several times but added to the census as an entirely different copy)!!!!

here you go:

A Gerber 2 is Common

Yes. But I'm pretty sure its accurate. You just have to remember what a Gerber 7 is and the rest come easily.

here you go:

A Gerber 2 is Common

Yes. But I'm pretty sure its accurate. You just have to remember what a Gerber 7 is and the rest come easily.

True.... actually I was just joking but your absolutely right..

The numbers for a 7 just stuck out in my head, as I collect mosty crime stuff and there doesn't seem to be too many over a 7 in that genre, that I can think of...

If anyone can think of some I'd be interested..(in the crime genre that is)

here you go:

A Gerber 2 is Common

True.... actually I was just joking but your absolutely right..

The numbers for a 7 just stuck out in my head, as I collect mosty crime stuff and there doesn't seem to be too many over a 7 in that genre, that I can think of...

If anyone can think of some I'd be interested..(in the crime genre that is)

The last few issues of Crime and Justice (Charlton) are very hard to find.

Just a note; the CGC census numbers are a great tool, but I wouldn't count on it being accurate at all. Maybe a ballpark number though and still helpful. If CGC had taken scans of each rare book submitted (they have on some books), at least they would have accurate numbers, but I don't think this is the case. That is too bad!!!

Too many books have since been cracked out of their slabs and resubmitted again without the label (from the slab) so this presents a false number unfortunately. I know I have one book for example that I own that is the highest graded CGC book and the census shows two copies slabbed, but both copies are the copy I currently own, which right now is not even slabbed at all. So if I were to resubmit again and have it slabbed the census would show 3 copies even though there is only one copy in this grade. You can bet there are thousands of more similar stories out there in Comicland (books cracked, and resubmitted several times but added to the census as an entirely different copy)!!!!