• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gerber 7's and above please! Can I see a 10?

661 posts in this topic

Ummmm, duh. I guess I should have noticed that Briefer signature on the cover. That Wow of yours Jon is quite nice. For those that do not know Jon sold me his under copy many moons ago. Again, thanks for that. Of course we figured you had a Silver Streak #nn also. I had not intended this, but we have an unofficial census going on here for the Silver Streak #nn, so let's take advantage. Here is what we have;

My copy

Jon's copy

Condition Freak's copy

Steve Brewster's copy

One pictured on Matt Nelson's unseen gold

One sold via Heritage in 2005

Two in the CGC census

So we might be counting a couple of these twice, so post em if you got em.

Ummmm, duh. I guess I should have noticed that Briefer signature on the cover. That Wow of yours Jon is quite nice. For those that do not know Jon sold me his under copy many moons ago. Again, thanks for that. Of course we figured you had a Silver Streak #nn also. I had not intended this, but we have an unofficial census going on here for the Silver Streak #nn, so let's take advantage. Here is what we have;

My copy

Jon's copy

Condition Freak's copy

Steve Brewster's copy

One pictured on Matt Nelson's unseen gold

One sold via Heritage in 2005

Two in the CGC census

So we might be counting a couple of these twice, so post em if you got em.

There are multiple copies that Heritage has sold. I didn't look close enough to see if the same copy was sold multiple times though.

Also GCD calls this issue [22] and Heritage refers to it as [nn]. Gerber has three Silver Streak cover no shows: 22a, 24a and 25a (nn). Gerber 7,8 and 8 respectively. Does anyone know if there is a 24 or 25 as Gerber states?

I took a look at the inside cover of my copy and their is nothing that indicates a number or a date. Only February noted on the cover. At some point in my books life someone wrote #23 on the bottom of the splash page in blue ink. Anyones else out there have a different #nn Silver Streak cover other than this?

Took a closer look at the Heritage archives. Looks like they have A total of five copies they have sold, and they look like they are not repeats in my opinion. So let's modify our count.

My copy

Jon's copy

Condition Freak's copy

Steve Brewster's copy

Matt Nelson's unseen gold (could be a duplication of one of these)

Five copies via Heritage (are we counting any of these twice?)

Two in the CGC census (assuming they were left in the slabs)

So we have up to 12 copies accounted for. Who else has em?

Hi,

Stuntman3.jpg

Stuntman #3 (Gerbert 9)

BoyExplorers2-1.jpg

Boy Explorers #2 (Gerbert 8)

AllNewComics15.jpg

All-New Comics #15 (Gerbert 10)

Missing the Flash Gordon #5 on the set but never saw it.

Fred

Cool books...I like all of those titles. The Boy Explorers was supposed to have a Schomburg water wheel bondage cover.

Flash 5 was advertised in earlier issues.

It is supposed to look like this.

2379341358_d06c800d89_z.jpg

4731565884_56fb584a4c_b.jpg

Hi, I apologize to US readers, but being italian I'm not so familiar with these rarity classifications. Are there online resources or do you have to buy a book?

I don't seem to recall so much rarity indications in the Overstreet, but again, I stopped buying the guide around 2003. Thanks in advance. :)

Hi, I apologize to US readers, but being italian I'm not so familiar with these rarity classifications. Are there online resources or do you have to buy a book?

I don't seem to recall so much rarity indications in the Overstreet, but again, I stopped buying the guide around 2003. Thanks in advance. :)

Hi, and welcome to the boards!

What they are referring to with these numbers are a scarcity index that Gerber included in his "Photo-Journal Guide to Comic Books." There is a two volume set with photographs of nearly every Golden Age comic.

This set is already sold, but it give you an idea of what it is:

Link to Gerber's

I should warn you that buying this set may be hazardous to your wallet. The books aren't expensive, but once you see what's inside, you might be seriously hooked on Golden Age.

I should warn you that buying this set may be hazardous to your wallet. The books aren't expensive, but once you see what's inside, you might be seriously hooked on Golden Age.

You hit the nail on the head there! These Gerber books have certainly (indirectly) lightened up my wallet quite a bit. I look at them just about daily and I think I find something new to pine over each time I look.

(thumbs u

I only have a few, but here are my Gerber 7's and above...

Gerber 8:

Captain%20Marvel%20Thrill%20Book_lte.jpg

This copy is likely one of the best out there. Very hard to find above 2.0. (thumbs u

Thanks! I just received it today from comixnoir. It really is a nice looking book (better than I was expecting). I love the cover, and it's nice to finally be able to join the Gerber 8 club :grin:

I only have a few, but here are my Gerber 7's and above...

Gerber 8:

Captain%20Marvel%20Thrill%20Book_lte.jpg

This copy is likely one of the best out there. Very hard to find above 2.0. (thumbs u

Thanks! I just received it today from comixnoir. It really is a nice looking book (better than I was expecting). I love the cover, and it's nice to finally be able to join the Gerber 8 club :grin:

I thought that was the same one! I couldn't tell from the scans. It is a beautiful copy. You did well with the purchase. (thumbs u

Well here is one that I bet none of you have ever seen. This title is from one of my favorite eclectic run, Blazing Comics. Nobody cares much about this title, and it is not especially rare, but it is pretty unique. It features a hero called the Green Turtle. So here is my copy of the first issue, and as I said not particularly rare, but posted for comparison. Our friends up North appear to have their own version of #1, so here is a link to the Canadian edition, ehh? This is what I think is probably super rare.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blazing-Comics-1-Century-Publications-Co-1946-CANADIAN-/260961672491?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3cc2871d2b#ht_3547wt_1141

Blazing%2520%25231%2520%2528150%2529.jpg