• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,838 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, flashlites said:

Its just hard to believe that its gone up so much! I mean it was always a must have book for a Flash collector but now everybody's got to have one!!?? I would hate to have to settle for a coverless copy then again I may have to. ? when it start to get so hot?

I wouldn't want to pay that much for coverless either, but that doesn't mean it isn't market price. :frustrated:

I'd tell you to wait rather than rush into overpaying. The market may change a bit, or you may grow your budget in the future, or you may luck into a copy by buying a collection or something like that. Don't let your desire for a copy cause you to rush into buying one for the sake of having one.

If anyone has a mid grade "beater"/ extra copy of 193 Let me know. I'm having a little trouble finding that one right now. Getting this book will tie together 176-266. Thanks Flash boardies!

Edited by flashlites
Addition

I just finished reading all 89 pages of this thread. I wanted to let you all know how I impressed I am with your enthusiasm and depth of knowledge of this iconic character! Most of all your amazing books!!! Your collections make mine look like a rescue shelter for the neglected and abused Flash comics. But like I always say when I take in a low grade book "at least it finally made it to a good home"? I feel fortunate indeed to be able to chat with the finest Flash collectors in the world. I am just 84 books away from completing the run and a dream that began way back in the 70's. I am inviting us all to share a story of those early days of collecting Flash. I think it would be fun and enlighting. Do any of us still have a book or two from those early collections? Share a photo. Lets see what we get...

2 hours ago, flashlites said:

I just finished reading all 89 pages of this thread. I wanted to let you all know how I impressed I am with your enthusiasm and depth of knowledge of this iconic character! Most of all your amazing books!!! Your collections make mine look like a rescue shelter for the neglected and abused Flash comics. But like I always say when I take in a low grade book "at least it finally made it to a good home"? I feel fortunate indeed to be able to chat with the finest Flash collectors in the world. I am just 84 books away from completing the run and a dream that began way back in the 70's. I am inviting us all to share a story of those early days of collecting Flash. I think it would be fun and enlighting. Do any of us still have a book or two from those early collections? Share a photo. Lets see what we get...

1524272466930614794202.jpg

On 4/20/2018 at 8:09 PM, flashlites said:

These were some of the very first "collectors comics" I bought in the late 70's. There were no Comic Book stores back then. I bought them at an antique show.

Back in those days there were no DC archives to access or Gerber photo journals. I was searching for Flash comics that I'd never even seen before. Nobody I knew had ever seen a Flash 105 or 106. All I knew is that I had to have them. I had caught the Flash bug! 

Edited by flashlites

21 hours ago, flashlites said:

Back in those days there were no DC archives to access or Gerber photo journals. I was searching for Flash comics that I'd never even seen before. Nobody I knew had ever seen a Flash 105 or 106. All I knew is that I had to have them. I had caught the Flash bug! 

The first time i saw a 107 was probably 1978. It was priced at $10 or $15. I could not afford it and bought 112 instead for $5. Some weeks later when I got back to the paperback book exchange (remember no comic stores in those days) it was gone! I had competition there was another Flash collector!?

19 hours ago, SpeedforceKJ said:

new additions to my Vol 1 run

CCNSOh5h.jpg

Great pair of books! I'm looking for a 175 myself. Just curious how close are you to completing the run? I would like a buddy to share the adventure with as I work towards getting all 245 books?. I will be adding 2-3 more on Monday and will post them then.

On 4/29/2018 at 8:14 PM, Dreamtoreal1 said:

flash 123!

IMG_0299.JPG

Congratulations!!! You should be very proud! My favorite SA Flash book! I loved the way Infantino and Broome figured out a way to bring GA Flash into the SA, creating the multilverse at the same time. Genius! I still would love to read those 2-3 Flash books they collaborated on in 1949. Was it 103 and 104?