• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,838 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Jking3437 said:

Finally grabbed something new, nothing crazy like that 105 or 110, but I like it . Ebay purchase 

449C90F4-806C-47C4-BEEE-FDDDD2F6C9C4.jpeg

Love that date stamp. From the looks of the book and the cert number, it looks tightly graded !

11 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Love that date stamp. From the looks of the book and the cert number, it looks tightly graded !

I agree it appears to a 9 or higher unless there's something we can't see?

Just now, flashlites said:

Hey there Flash fans! Have you seen the new custom "Star labs/ Flash" boxes?

1530844540480-1819306377.jpg

Too bad they don't make these in long box size! This is the first Flash themed custom box I've seen!

15 hours ago, FutureFlash said:

Comic Link Pick-Up. My first Flash Showcase!

yP8wwUk.jpg

Awesome!!! Love that cover! Congratulations! I believe that was the first John Broome story? How does it feel to own a Flash showcase? Tell us more?

Edited by flashlites
Addition

On 7/13/2018 at 8:26 AM, evilskip said:

I had debated buying this one. Nice to see it went to a good home. Now if I can find one that I can afford.....

I need a 151 too! And a 152!!! There's a little gap in my SA collection there. Love that 153 cover though! Classic Carmine!

1531615130428-570054389.jpg

On 7/13/2018 at 8:17 PM, flashlites said:

Awesome!!! Love that cover! Congratulations! I believe that was the first John Broome story? How does it feel to own a Flash showcase? Tell us more?

I think Broome did the back up story in SC 4 (classic Broome Sci Fi) and know he did Cold in SC 8. I actually think he created all the Rogues. Kanigher was basically still writing Golden Age stories. The Turtle is very Golden Age - the heaping or irony, the outwitting the villain rather than out powering him. Broome may be the second most important creative writer of the era after Kirby. He is certainly up there with Ditko and Lee. This is from memory, but I would be stunned to think Cold was not his. Anyway very nice book. I have always loved that cover and the Shade.

4 hours ago, Terry E. Gibbs said:

I think Broome did the back up story in SC 4 (classic Broome Sci Fi) and know he did Cold in SC 8. I actually think he created all the Rogues. Kanigher was basically still writing Golden Age stories. The Turtle is very Golden Age - the heaping or irony, the outwitting the villain rather than out powering him. Broome may be the second most important creative writer of the era after Kirby. He is certainly up there with Ditko and Lee. This is from memory, but I would be stunned to think Cold was not his. Anyway very nice book. I have always loved that cover and the Shade.

Broome also worked with Infantino in the GA I think it was 103 and 104. I would love to know more about him but I haven't found much. He's my favorite Flash -script writer. Appearently moved out of the country in the late 60's and mailed his scripts in?? was 194 really his last Flash credit?

15324097258881755473483.jpg

On 7/23/2018 at 2:26 PM, SpeedforceKJ said:

I purposed to my wife reading this  book to her. It's a very special book to us.

I could never get either of my wives to sit through a Flash story! Your wife is a keeper!!?

Edited by flashlites
Sp error

23 minutes ago, etowah1123 said:

Favorite silver age book for sure.  Glad I was able to finally track a lower grade with white pages

IMG_1863.JPG

You are a very fortunate Flash fan indeed!!! I will probably never own one. I did get to see one in person once at the 2016 ACCC. I should have had my son take a picture of me with it!? Congratulations, you are one of the few to own the holy grail of the silver age!!!