• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,845 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, evilskip said:

One of the three Flash books that I wanted slabbed. Another one is coming within the week and I have bids on the last one. Used ebay bucks to cover some of this.

Still not sure if I will flip my raw copy. Sigh.

0f153.jpg

Love that cover, love that story! One of my  all time favorite Flash comics!

14 hours ago, evilskip said:

Still not sure if I will flip my raw copy. Sigh.

0f153.jpg

I would.  How much more upward mobility is there for a villain 2nd appearance?  The price of 139 has stopped spiking, so people will go back to chasing that one again at its new normal.

Half of the people saying they love the classic cover probably wouldnt give a fig if that was Abra Kadabra.  They just want a piece of the hype.

Actually, it is the third appearance of Zoom, second being in #147.

My Flash subscription started with 151 and ended IIRC at 197. I just loved the covers and stories of 151-158 but am settling for 151-153 in slabs to make me a happy collector.

On 7/26/2018 at 12:46 PM, flashlites said:

Does anyone out there know more about John Broome? Did he ever write any more after "the bride cast two shadows"? (Flash 194) Did he ever write any Sci Fi novels?

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=18evuq_VXXUC&pg=PA62&lpg=PA62&dq=john+broome+interview&source=bl&ots=mIM5ZnuuxP&sig=KK16Y

His last interview may be of some help..

Edited by Gnasher