• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,845 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, SpeedforceKJ said:

I do believe I have. It’s a very beat up copy but I’m only the 3rd owner a guy I used to buy reomcin England sold it to me for $90 after I bought 110 from him.  I know I’ve poated this pic in here before but I’m hoping to update it come next year as I continue filling in the early gaps. However for now here is 105-113

7A46C9E0-EA1F-4EDC-9B2F-C75D271D4276.thumb.jpeg.bb2744fc1cded7ea8447ca0f4daf2b7a.jpeg

So nice to see 105 next to 106 there!!! I need them both. My run starts at 107. If you ever up grade that 105 I want dibs 😀! And what's the deal with the yellow label 106? Do tell please!

That makes me wonder who's still with us from that era? Carmine's gone, John Broome is gone, Mike Esposito passed on a couple of years ago. Is Ross Andru still with us? How about Novak and Bates , I bet they are still with us?

Edited by flashlites
Spell check

1 hour ago, flashlites said:

That's a very nice Flash stash there!!! Love that 123 and 110!!! Thanks for sharing. Are you building a collection?

I dunno... maybe. After several years of focusing on Marvels, I am having fun rediscovering my Silver Age DCs. I like comparing and contrasting them to the Marvels of the time. Batman, Detective and Flash were three DC titles that I collected in my younger days and I'm enjoying checking them out again. I have had the books in the photo above for at least 20 years now.

42 minutes ago, Dave2739 said:

I dunno... maybe. After several years of focusing on Marvels, I am having fun rediscovering my Silver Age DCs. I like comparing and contrasting them to the Marvels of the time. Batman, Detective and Flash were three DC titles that I collected in my younger days and I'm enjoying checking them out again. I have had the books in the photo above for at least 20 years now.

Dont know if you've checked recently but I'd be willing to bet that 123 is worth at least $800+

2 minutes ago, flashlites said:

Dont know if you've checked recently but I'd be willing to bet that 123 is worth at least $800+

If you want to share some more pictures of it and let us grade it for you. I will look it up in the current price guide tonight and give you an estimate of its current value.

On 12/15/2018 at 9:20 AM, flashlites said:

That makes me wonder who's still with us from that era? Carmine's gone, John Broome is gone, Mike Esposito passed on a couple of tears ago. Is. Ross Andru still with us? How about Novak and Bates , I bet they are still with us?

Ross Andru died in 1993.

12 hours ago, flashlites said:

If you want to share some more pictures of it and let us grade it for you. I will look it up in the current price guide tonight and give you an estimate of its current value.

2018 guide says 123 at 2.0 $241 4.0 $482, 6.0 $723, 8.0 $1988. Its become such a hot book that it often sells above book value. I sold both of my copies in the 90's before things heated up. I wish I could have saved one, but alas...if I had to guess your copy looks to be somewhere in the 4.0-5.0 range. Its so great to see one!

On 12/29/2018 at 4:46 AM, billbrown7080 said:

Unfortunately When I inherited my collection...The Flash was not one of the better sets...

It started at #151...

but I do have this one Key...

1545989358125-e0c94835-59a2-45e7-b711-d216b649c5ec_.jpg

This one is a classic! Hopefully I find one for my collection next year. Sometimes called "the Jay Leno Superman"😄

7 hours ago, flashlites said:

This one is a classic! Hopefully I find one for my collection next year. Sometimes called "the Jay Leno Superman"😄

lol I can now see why....

I wish I had a better collection of Flash...

I get quite jealous when I see other people's collections....

unfortunately It just wasnt in the cards....I inherited my collection and I just didnt get great sets of DC, at this point I think it would be too difficult to try and put together Flash 105 to 150....

Also didnt get ANY Brave and The Bold....

did however get great sets of Green Lantern and Justice League...

DC wasnt nearly as important to my grandfather than Marvel....He had near complete sets of all the Major Marvel sets...

But DC just wasnt nearly as complete.

He had some Silver Age runs of Batman,Superman,Detective,Action, and Adventure...(not complete)

He Had Great, Near complete Sets of Green Lantern, Justice League....

and Then A decent set of Flash...

I did find a good set of Hawkman...

I think at this point, I may just have to focus of DC Keys....I'm not going to be able to put together good sets of Flash,Brave and The Bold or complete the Silver Age Batman,Superman,Detective,Action, and Adventure at this point

This site can be BOTH Brutal and Amazing.

I get so Jealous when I see other peoples comics that I dont have....But I also feel so Grateful and Proud when I see Comics that I have that are better or similar to others...

I've been heavily into comics for 12 years now....and for all that time I never even knew this forum existed...I would have loved to have been on this forum when I inherited my collection and was going through it...I had no one to talk to about comics during this ....I would have loved to have asked advice and shown off the comics I was finding.

I've been on this forum for about a month now and have truly enjoyed it

18 hours ago, billbrown7080 said:

lol I can now see why....

I wish I had a better collection of Flash...

I get quite jealous when I see other people's collections....

unfortunately It just wasnt in the cards....I inherited my collection and I just didnt get great sets of DC, at this point I think it would be too difficult to try and put together Flash 105 to 150....

Also didnt get ANY Brave and The Bold....

did however get great sets of Green Lantern and Justice League...

DC wasnt nearly as important to my grandfather than Marvel....He had near complete sets of all the Major Marvel sets...

But DC just wasnt nearly as complete.

He had some Silver Age runs of Batman,Superman,Detective,Action, and Adventure...(not complete)

He Had Great, Near complete Sets of Green Lantern, Justice League....

and Then A decent set of Flash...

I did find a good set of Hawkman...

I think at this point, I may just have to focus of DC Keys....I'm not going to be able to put together good sets of Flash,Brave and The Bold or complete the Silver Age Batman,Superman,Detective,Action, and Adventure at this point

This site can be BOTH Brutal and Amazing.

I get so Jealous when I see other peoples comics that I dont have....But I also feel so Grateful and Proud when I see Comics that I have that are better or similar to others...

I've been heavily into comics for 12 years now....and for all that time I never even knew this forum existed...I would have loved to have been on this forum when I inherited my collection and was going through it...I had no one to talk to about comics during this ....I would have loved to have asked advice and shown off the comics I was finding.

I've been on this forum for about a month now and have truly enjoyed it

I've been collecting off and on for more than 40 years. In that time I've been trying to complete the Flash run 105-350. Having to sell 2 incomplete collections along the way. I just found this site this year too. Its been very helpful and I've enjoyed it immensely! I am closer than ever now to completing the collection. Your grandfather's collection sounds amazing! Please share more when you can. As for saying you'll never be able to complete a run...I would encourage you to follow your passion. I still believe...just about 78 books to go! Probably in the next 2 years. I'll be posting as I go😀 (ps if you wanna sell that 175 let me know lol) 

Your pal,

Flashlites