• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,845 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, flashlites said:

Sweet! I don't have the omnibus editions just the SA vol 1 & 2. What's the difference?

the amount collected in the book and  the type of book it is. The omni's are hardcover and the Vol 1 collect the 4 showcase books plus issues 105-132, the Paperback SA Vol 1 only collects the 4 showcases and issues 105-112. 

Edited by SpeedforceKJ

On 1/15/2019 at 9:13 PM, flashlites said:

That #113 got me thinking, lets share our favorite Trickster covers!

This is actually the first cover I thought about for a recreation by Joe Giella. However, when I checked the Grand Comic Database, I saw that this was inked by Murphy Anderson. I thought it would be insulting to Joe if I asked him to recreate a Flash cover by another inker. So I decided to go with #113 instead.

Joe

Flash152.jpg

4 hours ago, SpeedforceKJ said:

the amount collected in the book and  the type of book it is. The omni's are hardcover and the Vol 1 collect the 4 showcase books plus issues 105-132, the Paperback SA Vol 1 only collects the 4 showcases and issues 105-112. 

Its great to have them collected like this! When I was a kid I couldn't imagine them ever being reprinted at all. That's why I started buying any and every back issue I could find. I wanted so bad to know the whole story, every adventure. But no matter how hard I tried there were always gaps. Try to imagine being a kid growing up in New Mexico, no internet/ebay or DC data base in those days. The first comic book shop in Albuquerque opened in 1979 or 1980 I think. It was the only one in the entire state for years. You had to search used book stores flea markets, garage sales, antique shows and get very lucky. Now we can find everything. And we have these wonderful reprints. I finally got to read the Showcase adventures after all these years!

26 minutes ago, SpeedforceKJ said:

I'm going to continue my run of 105-140 and then prolly quits from there and go back and get the omnibus's as they come out. just to save space. Thinking i may submit my 123 next month for grading, havent decided for sure yet. 

I'm jealous you even have a 123! This year I hope to get one of the keys either 123 or 105. I've never owned a 105 before. Have you shown us the 123 yet?

4 hours ago, Bighaley21 said:

A few recent books I got back. The Flash 110 is a 9.0 White page copy!

img380.jpg

img391.jpg

img394.jpg

Impressive trio there!!! All 3 are on great shape. The 110 is amazing at 9.0. How about the others? To you get the grades you thought they deserved?

5 hours ago, SpeedforceKJ said:

I'm going to continue my run of 105-140 and then prolly quits from there and go back and get the omnibus's as they come out. just to save space. Thinking i may submit my 123 next month for grading, havent decided for sure yet. 

I'm going all the way to 350! It's on my bucket list- just 77 books to go.😀

Just wanted to let you guys know how much I am enjoying watching this thread. Schwartz, Broome, Bates Infantino and Co ( and a cast of many more) would have been very happy to see it.

Thank you, and I will put some of mine up .. eventually.

Can't wait till page 105, I will have to work out the photos by then..

Here is the first story from 105 with the cover that was not used. This is not a reprint as such but printed under license in Australia a few months after the US release. .. and yes the other part of the story was printed here but I am still looking..

and Bomber love that 155 -

002.jpg

Edited by Terry E. Gibbs