• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,845 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

The only thing I can think of is the size is too big. I usually use 100 DPI when scanning for display on the Boards. 

The image size does not seem to be the issue. I did manage to post one scan about a month ago. I will try to scan my 108 in a moment.

Here's my faded 108. So very glad to have a 108 in my collection again! Its been 30 years since I sold my original collection. Every time I needed a hero my Flash collection was there to save me. Putting this 3rd and hopefully final collection together has been rewarding. With a little luck I will be able to keep it!:wishluck: (Thanks Bob for your help! It was the format after all. It was not saving in JPEG)

Edited by flashlites
addition

On 2/1/2019 at 1:35 PM, bocabill said:

Thanks Mark, for selling me that beautiful Flash #108 CGC 8.5 which should have been graded between 9.0 and 9.2 (for comparison I included a pic of a 9.2 which is clearly inferior to the 8.5).  

aNvjMTG.jpg

CmHjhXs.jpg

1511913103.jpg

Look how amazing that purple is! Great story in 108 too, first cosmic tread mill, final installment of the first Grodd story! Great Flash stuff!!!

I only have a beat up 110 now for sale, BUT if you go back to the original thread I had a ridiculous run of high grade books if I remember almost everyone after like 131 was 9.6/9.8, early issues like 106-115 in 8.5/9/0's...and reminiscing about them I had a Flash 154 that I bought off of Ebay raw which graded 9.8 and to this day it is still the only one in grade...  aaahhh the good ole days..

flash110.jpg

flash110b.jpg

Edited by rube11

16 minutes ago, rube11 said:

I only have a beat up 110 now for sale, BUT if you go back to the original thread I had a ridiculous run of high grade books if I remember almost everyone after like 131 was 9.6/9.8, early issues like 106-115 in 8.5/9/0's...and reminiscing about them I had a Flash 154 that I bought off of Ebay raw which graded 9.8 and to this day it is still the only one in grade...  aaahhh the good ole days..

That 137 is gonna be great in my 105-140 run though! :headbang:  Thanks man

34 minutes ago, rube11 said:

flash110.jpg

flash110b.jpg

At least you have a 110! I'm jealous! I sold mine in the 90's (The second time my Flash collection rescued me:)

45 minutes ago, rube11 said:

flash110.jpg

flash110b.jpg

I saw those books back in the early pages! When I started here last year I went back and read all 86 pages before I joined the thread. Amazing condition! Intimidating for a low grade collector like me(worship) You were a fortunate Flash Fan indeed!

2 hours ago, bocabill said:

If you want to upgrade, I am now selling this beautiful Flash #108 CGC 7.5 with WHITE pages.

51110326_761901290869875_7431826205713629184_n.jpg

51001533_761962140863790_5489399092587003904_n.jpg

Nice copy! I would love to upgrade my 108 but I'm committed to buying a key book this year first before any upgrades. I need to get a 123 before it moves completely out of my price range.

On 2/2/2019 at 10:11 AM, Jaylam said:

I always thought it was odd Grood was not included in the Flash's Rogues Gallery stories (at least not in these issues).

FLASH 130.jpg

FLASH 155.jpg

FLASH 174.jpg

He was a major part of 155. It was he who brought them all together for the first time. Until then from the original six only Cold and Heatwave had worked together although they all knew of each other .. and of course all used the same tailor. After being used like that the Rogues in Flash comics kept their distance although Cold and Mirror Master were aligned with Grodd in the 70's Secret Society of Super Villains. .. and yes, I am slightly obsessed with the Rogues. 

11 hours ago, Terry E. Gibbs said:

He was a major part of 155. It was he who brought them all together for the first time. Until then from the original six only Cold and Heatwave had worked together although they all knew of each other .. and of course all used the same tailor. After being used like that the Rogues in Flash comics kept their distance although Cold and Mirror Master were aligned with Grodd in the 70's Secret Society of Super Villains. .. and yes, I am slightly obsessed with the Rogues. 

Opps, total fail on the #155 story. I think I was thinking more of cover appearances of Grood since that was the initial discussion, but these Rogues covers are some of my favorites.