• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,845 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Hepcat said:

Here are my earlier Flashes that I missed out on posting over the last few weeks:

Flash105front.jpg

Flash20106_zpssr3x8w9w.jpg

d9c09ef3-6d52-4d47-badf-f20e60a0f7c3_zps

Flash110.jpg

:juggle:

Ah yes there's the Hepcat I remember! Beautiful copies all 3 of them and not easy to find in grades like yours. You are a Fortunate Flash Fan indeed! Thanks for sharing...again:headbang:

2 hours ago, flashlites said:

Ah yes there's the Hepcat I remember! Beautiful copies all 3 of them and not easy to find in grades like yours. You are a Fortunate Flash Fan indeed! Thanks for sharing...again:headbang:

Which one then don't you like?

???

Those early Flashes from 1959 have always been brutally tough to find in decent grade, and now of course they're super expensive as well.

(shrug)

1 hour ago, Hepcat said:

Which one then don't you like?

???

Those early Flashes from 1959 have always been brutally tough to find in decent grade, and now of course they're super expensive as well.

(shrug)

I meant to say all 4 of them! I'd just about give my right arm for any of those 4 books in their condition!(worship)

I'll be going for a 105 or a 106 next year. (i'm on the 1 key a year plan) If i'm very lucky I'll find an incomplete one with just a coupon cut out or something. There's just no way I could afford a complete one. I am considering coverless copies as well. My 107 is coverless. I'm proudly building the best 3rd or 4th rate Flash collection in the universe! :signfunny: Last year I very nearly bought a coverless 123 for $150. But I decided to wait, the cover for 123 is just too important to me. I had to pay more than double that price to get one with a cover but I got it. It's probably a 1.5 due to a 2'" staple tear (just nasty) but it fits right into my island of misfit Flashes collection :banana:

Edited by flashlites
Correction

On 4/2/2019 at 2:01 AM, Hepcat said:

Not so. The bottle city of Kandor was introduced in Action Comics 242 cover dated July 1958 and thus preceded Flash 116 by over two years.

:preach:

Thank you - my 242 is slabbed and the price of readers is nuts (my slab is basically a reader - would love a coverless)

I'm jealous! I don't have one yet! One of 5 10 cent'ers left on my list. I have a feeling I'll probably pick one up this year. You are fortunate Flash fans indeed!!! One last post for page 117, get yer 118's ready Flash Fans!

Edited by flashlites
Addition