• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,838 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, jaja-mon12 said:

Here's my Flash #122‼️😉It took a few pages to get here from #117 though‼️😂

fullsizeoutput_d78.jpeg.1313fbed51a573c20dae7d0747659cca.jpeg

Nice! 8.5 very respectable!!! And a Heritage piece! How was the process, the auction?

12 hours ago, flashlites said:

Nice! 8.5 very respectable!!! And a Heritage piece! How was the process, the auction?

When I bought this book several years ago, nobody was going hard after it. I feel I lucked up on the price and the fact that it belongs to the D/M Thompson Collection‼️😉

Awesome stuff fellow Flash fans!!! A pair of 9.0's and a 122 from the Thompson collection? All can say is wow!!! (worship)(worship)(worship) On a different note, does anyone know if we are going to have a summer grading contest over on the 'buddy can you spare a grade' page this year?

I don't think I've ever been fortunate to ever own anything from the 60's in 9.0 or better condition! it's great to see them here. Last year at Alamo City Comicon I did came across a Sub-Mariner #6 in exceptional condition maybe an 8.5 just so beautiful I had to buy it. I think it was $10. Glossy and fresh looking, I believe its from 1968. I'd trade it in a second for an early Flash comic in whatever grade. Any takers?:insane:

Edited by flashlites
correction

Very nice group there!!! I'm especially jealous of the 139 and 105!!! They are on my list, hopefully I will be able to pick one of those two issues up next year. Welcome to the boards! Do you just dabble in Flash or are you out to complete the run? 

2 hours ago, flashlites said:

Oh and just so my 122 appears on page 122 i'm re-posting it (hehehe its not much to look at but i'm still proud of the little survivor.)(thumbsu

Flash 122.jpg

Love it flashlites! 

2 hours ago, bronze johnny said:

Love it flashlites! 

You can just imagine some kid in 1961 spitting out his bubble gum and tearing off the corner of the comic to wrap it up in. :insane: This action, would allow me 50 years later to be able to afford his comic book. :banana:

Screenshot_20190713-124559.thumb.png.6a5244242c0506a58a7b21030329607c.png

6 hours ago, flashlites said:

Very nice group there!!! I'm especially jealous of the 139 and 105!!! They are on my list, hopefully I will be able to pick one of those two issues up next year. Welcome to the boards! Do you just dabble in Flash or are you out to complete the run? 

Not trying to get the run. I just love the rogue villains. Why most of the books i have got a rogue on the cover. 

Got this cover done for me at the last con I was at. My three most favorite rogues.

And the group shot is a old pic. I've since picked up a 123 and another rogue cover I can't remember the issue number and a beat up 109

Edited by southern cross
Added more dialogue

8 hours ago, southern cross said:

Updated group shot of my flash books.IMG_20190714_121138.thumb.jpg.bb01b33676963a5ed8a43c5d2888a94c.jpg

Ahhh, more Flash comics always makes for a better picture! i'd say you're on your way to putting together a little run there! Nice stuff in there, thanks for sharing. And it looks like you are all ready for page 123!(thumbsu Just 3 more posts to go to complete page 122! 

Edited by flashlites
addition

Any Flash fans out there going to San Diego this year for the convention? I've always wanted to go. I remember reading about them in the OPC in the late 70's and it always sparked my imagination as to what I might be able to see there, or who I might run into. (Just 2 more posts to go before we get to page 123.) Does any one have a Flashy SDCC story to share and help close out page 122? Grant Gustin and the Flash cast have done panels at SDCC in years past. I would imagine CW will be putting on quite a show for Flash fans this year what with 'Crisis' coming this fall. Maybe one of you scored tickets to one of these this year and can fill us in on all the details first hand?

Edited by flashlites
addition

For this special book how about we say a little something about it along with the scan? I loved this issue because of the reintroduction of Jay Gerrick. I'm a fan of both Flashes. And for me this book was important because now we'd get to see them both from here on out. With the prices the way they are I'm just so happy I was able to finally own a copy with a cover. Purchased this February after being with out a 123 for nearly 20 years! 

Flash 123.jpg