• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,845 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, SpeedforceKJ said:

Just got word that cgc got my 117 yo sent in for reholding. Hoping to have it back in about 2 weeks if the turn around is the same as my tmnt #1

Nice! I'm looking for a decent 117 myself. I hope to pick one up this year. I've been meaning to ask Terry if Cpt. Boomerang had an impact on Australian fans back when he came out? Did it boost sales of the Flash? How did you fans feel about your fictional fellow countryman and his appearance in Flash comics?  

26 minutes ago, flashlites said:

Nice! I'm looking for a decent 117 myself. I hope to pick one up this year. I've been meaning to ask Terry if Cpt. Boomerang had an impact on Australian fans back when he came out? Did it boost sales of the Flash? How did you fans feel about your fictional fellow countryman and his appearance in Flash comics?  

Back when I started I was too young for Fandom, and when I got to my teens, good gosh - almost everyone was into the amazing "colour" Marvel comics. I have met many comic fans who have never read a DC comic because they started with the colour comics in the 60s and that is where they stayed (in the 60s and with Marvel).  I would say that Suicide Squad definitely  resonated - and Jai Courtney as an Australian did it very well. We have had way too many terrible Australian accents on the screen over the years. We certainly have more than our fair share of Boomerangs at the Cons -

19488483_797678773743967_3610361734678075355_o.jpg

9 hours ago, SpeedforceKJ said:

I know not silver age related but I wanted to share my newest commission with my fellow flash fans. Wally West by flash great Scott Kolins 

Did you get it at a Con or did he do it during lockdown ? I can't praise the guy enough. A credit to the game, and I am not sure even Cinf ever drew Rogues better.

44 minutes ago, Terry E. Gibbs said:

Did you get it at a Con or did he do it during lockdown ? I can't praise the guy enough. A credit to the game, and I am not sure even Cinf ever drew Rogues better.

He’s doing commissions from home right now. I had reached out to him before and finally could afford one this time around. He was on my get list for flash commissions 

1 hour ago, SpeedforceKJ said:

He’s doing commissions from home right now. I had reached out to him before and finally could afford one this time around. He was on my get list for flash commissions 

With artists, many of them at least, patience and respect are the keys to getting what you want. I have a nice piece Scott did for me I will put up when the time arrives. One of only four commissions I have, and one of two I am glad I got (and Scott did the other one as well)

"If I just sell the car, I can up my bid..."

Just noticed this, and so very, very true. She has been trying to make me sell it for years, and when I bought my first SC4 I said "honey if I sell the car I can afford it", .. and I will some day.

Just keep hitting the red button until it stops, then look at the damage and faint.

Edited by Terry E. Gibbs

41 minutes ago, frozentundraguy said:

Time for a test to see who can guess the issue of Flash that this panel is from.  Like a Marvel no prize contest, this is just for bragging rights. (thumbsu

DCspecial_2_kidflash.jpg

Flash 130 and yet Weather Wizard  does not appear on the famous Rouges cover as he makes his appearance in the Kid Flash back up story. 

12 minutes ago, flashlites said:

Flash 130 and yet Weather Wizard  does not appear on the famous Rouges cover as he makes his appearance in the Kid Flash back up story. 

and he had to wait until 145 for a cover..fewest SA covers of any Rogue. Think Top is next tied with Grodd. Hmm I don't know who had the most but it has got to be MM, Scudder with 9 I think (not counting 130). Of all the characters in the SA age I miss him the most. Told Josh at NYCC last year, that all the Rogues now have back stories except Sam .. "was just polishing a mirror in prison" .. needs something a bit more dramatic than that.

Edited by Terry E. Gibbs

17 hours ago, flashlites said:

Issue 130 is correct! (thumbsu I do not have that issue, just a reprint from 1976 with the Kid Flash story, which should have received top billing over the Superboy story.

scan0234.jpg

Not sure if I posted this one before, but I thought I would up our CGC content. My second slab and first Flash slab (first slab was that SC13 1.8 Purple ). Got this very early 2016. At the time Mycomic shp had a 5.5 for 2,550, and one morning I had said to me wife, "there is the first issue in the run for 2550 available." She looked at me with understanding eyes, and gently said "well why don't you buy it", at that point I realised she thought I meant $25.50. How things have changed since then.

003 (2).jpg

33 minutes ago, Terry E. Gibbs said:

Not sure if I posted this one before, but I thought I would up our CGC content. My second slab and first Flash slab (first slab was that SC13 1.8 Purple ). Got this very early 2016. At the time Mycomic shp had a 5.5 for 2,550, and one morning I had said to me wife, "there is the first issue in the run for 2550 available." She looked at me with understanding eyes, and gently said "well why don't you buy it", at that point I realised she thought I meant $25.50. How things have changed since then.

003 (2).jpg

Sweet book. :cloud9: I cannot recall discussing prices of comic books with my wife for at least 10 years. (thumbsu

18 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

The only Silver Age Flash I have. 

Flash 139 front.jpg

And if you only have one Flash book, that is not bad one to have. Not as rare as a 123 or a 110 but maybe equally as important. Presents very nicely.

Edited by Terry E. Gibbs