• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,845 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, frozentundraguy said:

Flash #155, I predict, is the issue most of us in this thread will have.

Yeah among Flash fans I know this issue and 174 are up near their all time favourites. It was extra special for me as it was my first exposure to Grodd, Captain Cold and Heatwave. I got my first color copy in 1982 for .50c and yep, centre page missing. Most dealers did not carry it as it was a cheap book and I had to wait a few years until the market made it worth their while.

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

The Flash has been sitting around to much lately...:roflmao:

3B7B1AFA-F3A9-4E1D-A9ED-DA96760E73DD.jpeg

Ol Flash may have been doing a little too much binge watching and pizza delivery during the shutdown. lol That's a nice copy of 115 there! Thanks for joining the Flashy conversation! SpeedyD uses a crop from this issue for his avatar. We haven't seen him in a while here on the Flash Collectors Thread.

I'm fast approaching a new collectors situation here. The complete run is 245 issues. Right now my long box is jam packed with what must be over 205 issues. I'm about 40 issues short of completing the run and there are a few doubles in there. And not all of them have been transferred to Mylar and archival backing boards yet (witch takes up even more space). So, I want to keep them all together right, but there's just no more room for 40 more books. I'm thinking of building my own custom box. Any ideas or suggestions out there? There was a thread about storage somewhere on the boards, anyone remember the name?

4 hours ago, flashlites said:

I'm fast approaching a new collectors situation here. The complete run is 245 issues. Right now my long box is jam packed with what must be over 205 issues. I'm about 40 issues short of completing the run and there are a few doubles in there. And not all of them have been transferred to Mylar and archival backing boards yet (witch takes up even more space). So, I want to keep them all together right, but there's just no more room for 40 more books. I'm thinking of building my own custom box. Any ideas or suggestions out there? There was a thread about storage somewhere on the boards, anyone remember the name?

Suggestions...you could try this to get rid of excess stock. Book burning party! Yes, this is what they used to do with those evil comic books; the horror! 

2252B965-B988-4466-BF86-016924BA7077.jpeg.079036883e4e77ace0e3c92c81ae46c0.jpeg

1 hour ago, Jaylam said:

Suggestions...you could try this to get rid of excess stock. Book burning party! Yes, this is what they used to do with those evil comic books; the horror! 

2252B965-B988-4466-BF86-016924BA7077.jpeg.079036883e4e77ace0e3c92c81ae46c0.jpeg

Just imagine if you could have saved just one of those boxes, what you would find in there? Its all pre 1955 stuff in each one of those boxes! Now that would be an awesome mystery box! :insane: Crazy stuff! You know your'e in trouble as a civilization when you start burning the books! :pullhair:

You can tell they don't all feel the same about the event. The kid in the background looks like he's going to cry, while the older boy in the front seems to have a rather sadistic grin on his face. Probably kicked the dog when he got home, just for fun.:/

image.png.69f4783dcadbf0308d66acd8b5159272.png

11 hours ago, flashlites said:

Just imagine if you could have saved just one of those boxes, what you would find in there? Its all pre 1955 stuff in each one of those boxes! Now that would be an awesome mystery box! :insane: Crazy stuff! You know your'e in trouble as a civilization when you start burning the books! :pullhair:

It's pretty sad to think that in less than 10 years after we defeated a regime that routinely burned books that they thought were politically inconvenient or could possibly corrupt their populace, here we are doing the same thing for pretty much the same twisted reasons.

Edited by Jaylam

5 minutes ago, Terry E. Gibbs said:

Very nice copy, very nice indeed. The first Rogues cover.

Thanks. I can’t find any of my info on where I picked this particular copy up from or what I paid for it. I’m pretty certain it was within the last 5 years. Anyway, I have always thought #130 had a Rogues Cover feel to it. 

352C1087-37D1-494C-ABFA-5A8A2D862B03.jpeg.a39e9359062a9743abb08d4fdb7cd908.jpeg

I just ordered 5 more Flash books. Shopping online at MCS tonight, I could not help myself...i'm in the full grip of Flash collecting madness now.:insane::banana::cloud9::insane:. Nothing major, just filling in some little holes here and there. One says its a Fantucchio pedigree book but it was a raw book so...how would that be verified?? It was only $8 so I took a chance on it. I've never owned a pedigree book before.

”I just ordered 5 more Flash books. Shopping online at MCS tonight, I could not help myself...i'm in the full grip of Flash collecting madness now!”

@flashlites I think it’s time we get you some help for your problem. I’ll see if I can schedule you for an appearance on the Dr. Phil Show.

A2394F1F-CDBB-40A1-AB7C-397C8B1141A8.jpeg.3de8b20c7485901228c61a306bb9ef8d.jpeg

Edited by Jaylam

Prepping this book to go out tomorrow off for a press and dry clean and then off to CGC. Hoping it’ll come back in the 3.0-4.0 range but with the top staple causing the cover to almost be detached I’m unsure honestly what it’ll come back as. I’ve had it for 3 years and never sent it in (even though the plan when I bought it was to get and get it pressed and then graded). Here’s to hoping for the best. 
6695FC08-C84C-4CD2-9A2E-498E3E9C9629.thumb.jpeg.11aae84838437deb4e9e62bd2e2a579d.jpeg

19 hours ago, flashlites said:

You can tell they don't all feel the same about the event. The kid in the background looks like he's going to cry, while the older boy in the front seems to have a rather sadistic grin on his face. Probably kicked the dog when he got home, just for fun.:/

image.png.69f4783dcadbf0308d66acd8b5159272.png

Yeah, he probably read too many pre-code crime comics...

comexposed2c.jpg

6 hours ago, SpeedforceKJ said:

Prepping this book to go out tomorrow off for a press and dry clean and then off to CGC. Hoping it’ll come back in the 3.0-4.0 range but with the top staple causing the cover to almost be detached I’m unsure honestly what it’ll come back as. I’ve had it for 3 years and never sent it in (even though the plan when I bought it was to get and get it pressed and then graded). Here’s to hoping for the best. 
6695FC08-C84C-4CD2-9A2E-498E3E9C9629.thumb.jpeg.11aae84838437deb4e9e62bd2e2a579d.jpeg

From what I see here I do think it has a shot at a 4.0 as long as the cover is still attached at the other staple. The only other thing that is holding it back is some of the green is worn away on the cover there on the word "Flash". Still a very nice copy of 123 there, well IMO any copy of 123 is a nice copy :insane:. Be sure to let us know when it comes back KJ! I've been hearing turn around times are pretty fast these days? Any other Flash fans out there to confirm this? I haven't submitted a book since December.