• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,845 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, flashlites said:

Your cover is in better shape than mine Terry. Someday i'll upgrade too. MCS I've found has the best selection. They usually have multiples of every issue to choose from, which is amazing for me shopping on a budget. I can gaze lovingly at the 9.somethings and then buy the 2.5.

That 156 has a tough black cover. Hard to find in high grade shape. The black really makes the yellow and red Flash logo really pop! I don't know about you, but it seems the coloring choices and art composition of Silver Age books were the best of any age. Not too busy and cluttered in most cases, but with lots of eye appeal.

9 hours ago, Terry E. Gibbs said:

and onto 157, one of the very few top covers that has the full image. Wish Josh would find some way to bring Roscoe back. To me he was possibly the most villainous of the Rogues. 

DSC05106.JPG

Just a beautiful book to look at! Very nice copy too Terry! Once again you can see the mastery of design with the primary colors and of course the illustration combined with the hint of the story played out in the three panels. If you saw this on the newsstand how could you pass it up!? 

I'm out of Flashes for the next few issues. Therefore I have come up with a flashback from Flash #127. In this issue a mild mannered looking man is released from prison, who in reality is Grodd. He makes haste to return to gorilla city, only to turn back into Grodd, and hatch a new scheme in his secret laboratory. Here he devises neo-magnetic radiation which it turns out will make both gorillas and humans admire him immensely. Once he realizes the power of his new invention he races back to Central city to verify that his new found power works to the degree  needed, and visualizes how this might all play out to his advantage. This page is also the tipping point of his admiration power, as the Flash has begun to think of how he might break through the 100 mile radius of Grodds admiration zone to defeat him.

flash_127_PG11.jpeg

I've started to wonder over the last two months or so...which one will end up being the last one I get? Will it be 106 or 110 or maybe it will be something unexpected like 323 or 285? There's no way to really know. Getting my 139 was a complete surprise last month. I was sure that was going to end up being one of the last ones. 

30 minutes ago, flashlites said:

I've started to wonder over the last two months or so...which one will end up being the last one I get? Will it be 106 or 110 or maybe it will be something unexpected like 323 or 285? There's no way to really know. Getting my 139 was a complete surprise last month. I was sure that was going to end up being one of the last ones. 

Obtaining that copy of #139 was a terrific acquisition. (thumbsu

@flashlites I just checked my list, it looks like I have every issue from 283-328 (missing 285?) and then 345-350. They have been in storage for years, so I don't know what kind of condition they might be in, but they were pretty much read once or twice and then put up. I might be willing to part with them if you're interested to help you fill the gaps! 

26 minutes ago, Jaylam said:

@flashlites I just checked my list, it looks like I have every issue from 283-328 (missing 285?) and then 345-350. They have been in storage for years, so I don't know what kind of condition they might be in, but they were pretty much read once or twice and then put up. I might be willing to part with them if you're interested to help you fill the gaps! 

That would be amazing! Please PM me. Thanks!

Just added to the collection. Only copy I have seen in two years, so condition with these it not a big thing. There is also another collector out there building a run so the prices have jumped in the last few months. Still cheap  for what we get, but almost twice what they were in 2017. When we each complete what we are doing it will be interesting to see what happens.

l was originally only going after certain early issues, but I am a collector (completest) so that did not last long, and now I am just after issues with Flash on the cover.

Flash 122.JPG

53 minutes ago, Terry E. Gibbs said:

Just added to the collection. Only copy I have seen in two years, so condition with these it not a big thing. There is also another collector out there building a run so the prices have jumped in the last few months. Still cheap  for what we get, but almost twice what they were in 2017. When we each complete what we are doing it will be interesting to see what happens.

l was originally only going after certain early issues, but I am a collector (completest) so that did not last long, and now I am just after issues with Flash on the cover.

Flash 122.JPG

Very nice Terry!!! I love seeing these!

1 hour ago, Terry E. Gibbs said:

Flash 122.JPG

Great over, and quite possibly more colorful than the original. Also it never ceases to amaze me how prices can increase dramatically with just 2 collectors bidding on a comic book.

There's a Silver Age "Twins" thing going on right now, where you post a side by side photo of your international copy and matching US copy. You should post some of yours. Nobody was posting Australian comics. 

On Saturday, May 30, 2020 at 10:55 PM, flashlites said:

There's a Silver Age "Twins" thing going on right now, where you post a side by side photo of your international copy and matching US copy. You should post some of yours. Nobody was posting Australian comics. 

By all means, yes, please post some of your copies there! It's cool to see the American issue, then the International copy next to or underneath it.  (thumbsu