• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,845 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, Terry E. Gibbs said:

and to start us off on our 158 journey. Must dig this out again and have a look.

DSC05107.JPG

Very nice copy there! I love that rich purple background! It brings back fond memories of my first copy of 108 from my original collection. Flash had a few of these purple backgrounds in the Silver Age come to think of it.

1 hour ago, SpeedforceKJ said:

Just got this picture back and my 123 is cleaned and pressed. It’ll be sent off tomorrow cgc tomorrow. Really hope this comes back in the 3.0-4.5 range but I honestly don’t know. Just need the top staple to hold on and for the bottom split to not be as bad as I thought. He said it looks nice post cleaning so I’m hopefully 

I am sure it will be in that range just hope it will be a 4.0 and you may get it over a 4.5. Good luck, thanks for sharing.

I enjoyed Don's Iron Man and Avengers, but his Flash art is not high on my list. The artwork sells quite well though so he definitely has fans. Andru is a great artist but had the unenviable task of following Cinf when he was at or near his peak. Fans were unhappy, although I thought after 174 the stories dropped off a lot, which did not make it any easier. Robot Samurai !!! And I am off up the coast until Sunday night. Promise to get this page back into gear when I get back.

1 hour ago, frozentundraguy said:

I been on the sidelines too long. :frown: Plus it's time to test my fantastic Flash friends with, you guessed it, yet another small quiz. :makepoint:

What issue of Flash features this panel?

flash_172_building.jpeg

That's from the very first issue of the Flash I bought myself back in 1967: #172. Here's an image of my graded copy (not my original copy from 1967, that one is long gone).

872724148_flash172_edited.jpg.ea905c7660c7549f3160c3e5f5a9fef0.jpg

20 hours ago, Terry E. Gibbs said:

"Missed by thaaat much "

:roflmao:loved that show! Thinking of course of "Get Smart" Don Adams was it? So funny! Glad you started in with your beautiful 159 Terry! You really have an amazing collection! I'll bring mine out tomorrow and show you all my 5 newest editions. Been very busy lately.