• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,843 posts in this topic

and we are all ignoring the elephant (or for Flash fans the Grodd)  in the room.. is this really how Carmine saw Julie. I wonder what a certain editor at another comic house would have done if Jack or Steve had used such a ploy.

DSC05120.JPG

3 hours ago, Terry E. Gibbs said:

and we are all ignoring the elephant (or for Flash fans the Grodd)  in the room.. is this really how Carmine saw Julie. I wonder what a certain editor at another comic house would have done if Jack or Steve had used such a ploy.

DSC05120.JPG

Julie must have been a great guy. He didn't mind Carmine picking on him. Shows strong character and humility. I'm sure he must have laughed right along with him. 

23 hours ago, Terry E. Gibbs said:

Gardner Fox story, I know many fans don't like it but I love it. So non Marvel !! Sci-Fi at its best.

DSC05119.JPG

Gotta love Gardner Fox he's been with Flash since the Golden Age but then again so has Broome and Infantino. But Gardner goes all the way back to the very beginning. Great Stuff! I guess John was busy writing something else? Either that or Julie decided to give his old pal a little work?

How about we try something new to fill up the rest of this page while we wait to get to 168?

Show us your Flash t-shirts!

Ya know when I was a lad in the 70's, Flash got no respect! There were no Flash lunch pails, no Flash Mego dolls to play with ... (action figures hadn't really been invented yet, they were called dolls back then :grin:). Sure I had Batman, Superman and even Aquaman, but there was no Flash! :pullhair: Later in the 1980's and 90's when the comic shops got going, you could find all the Batman and Superman T-shirts you could want. And once in a great while you'd come across a Flash T-shirt! It was your standard red w/lightening bolt, but hey I bought one. Meanwhile you could get 50 different types of Batman T-shirts! Finally in the last 10 years or so we Flash fans finally have a variety to choose from! Now I own several, heck you can even find them at Wal-Mart! So I will pull some out later, but lets see what you got!

Edited by flashlites

My "keep in the mylar only take out to photo for this thread" copy , but love the T-Shirt idea. Yep going back maybe 20 years ago I saw my first Flash T-Shirt and did not buy it. Not exactly spoilt for choice but not these days. One of my favourite Con things is T-Shirt shopping as in Australia we have Star Labs T-Shirts, Hoodies and nothing else. I will get some photos over the weekend. Meanwhile this will keep our pages ticking.

DSC05118.JPG

9 hours ago, Terry E. Gibbs said:

Okay my favourite Flash T-Shirt bookended by my favourite spandex. Same day  gave Josh Williamson one with N52 Flash 47 cover (Reverse Flash running away from Barry's mum)

101.jpg

Very nice Terry! You simply must introduce us to your friends some time!(worship)  

After the t-shirt thing, I was actually thinking about showing off my Flash sock collection?! :roflmao: ( I actually have several pairs believe it or not! You can get them at Game Stop) But I will save that for another time to help things along when these pages stall out. And so I will wrap up page 167 here for us Flash Fans so we can move on to Flash 168!