• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,845 posts in this topic

51 minutes ago, Jaylam said:

Flash #174 wasn't the only cover where the logo was incorporated into the cover art. Batman #194 and Aquaman #42 are other well done examples of this kind of take on the cover.

That Batman cover of course is Cinf as well. We could do a whole thread on his covers that that were ground breaking. Great artist but an artist who understood design much earlier than most of his peers.

I had this back in 1967 and as at the time you could not give these away, I let it go to "save space". Found another copy a couple of years ago. As much as I love it because of that story, the cover has been .... adjusted.. sigh. Now to see if that copy I bought for 5c in 1970 without the center wrap is still around. Heatwaves left hand looks to have been added locally but Cold's left arm appears original Cinf, which was covered by the Comic Code stamp. I guess anytime I get more Cold by Cinf I can't complain.

Flash 174.JPG

Edited by Terry E. Gibbs

12 hours ago, Terry E. Gibbs said:

I had this back in 1967 and as at the time you could not give these away, I let it go to "save space". Found another copy a couple of years ago. As much as I love it because of that story, the cover has been .... adjusted.. sigh. Now to see if that copy I bought for 5c in 1970 without the center wrap is still around. Heatwaves left hand looks to have been added locally but Cold's left arm appears original Cinf, which was covered by the Comic Code stamp. I guess anytime I get more Cold by Cinf I can't complain.

Flash 174.JPG

It looks to me like Heatwave’s left hand has been appropriated from Boomerang’s left hand by changing the coloring from the original art.

On 10/5/2020 at 7:58 PM, frozentundraguy said:

A page late but I now have a copy of issue #173. This is the first Flash issue in my collection that has a story with Jay Garrick in it, except for 80 Page Giant #4.

scan0346.jpg

Nice addition there! Your Flash collection is starting to fill out! Once you get this far in there's no turning back....trust me:insane: ...Just 8 issues left for me to complete the run now!

Stopped at the LCS today. They had a huge influx of newly arrived S.A. books. Unfortunately  most were in grade 2.0 or lower. However I did find a copy of Flash 163.  Since I have been wondering what the Flash's life depend's on  in issue   #163, for many a year, I read the book almost as soon as I arrived home. lol

scan0357.jpg

Edited by frozentundraguy

14 hours ago, frozentundraguy said:

Stopped at the LCS today. They had a huge influx of newly arrived S.A. books. Unfortunately  most were in grade 2.0 or lower. However I did find a copy of Flash 163.  Since I have been wondering what the Flash's life depend's on  in issue   #163, for many a year, I read the book almost as soon as I arrived home. lol

did the story have anything to do with the cover ?

20 hours ago, frozentundraguy said:

Just arrived this weekend. Looking forward to seeing what kind of storm the Weather Wizard whips up.

scan0377.jpg

This really is a great cover! I have a low grade copy in my small Flash collection.