• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,845 posts in this topic

31 minutes ago, hchill25 said:

Heck, if you guys don't mind, I'll share another of my favorite issues. 

flash 110 2.jpg

Another great issue! Thanks for sharing, and welcome to the boards! I can tell you like the Flash, you've come to the right thread that's for sure! Many dedicated Flash Fans here indeed! Welcome!

5 minutes ago, flashlites said:

Another great issue! Thanks for sharing, and welcome to the boards! I can tell you like the Flash, you've come to the right thread that's for sure! Many dedicated Flash Fans here indeed! Welcome!

Thanks! I've collecting The Flash for a loooong time. I don't have all the issues, but I do own a bunch. I just recently had #110, #111 and #123 graded.

22 minutes ago, Terry E. Gibbs said:

A recent question on SC4 had me dig out this. (not mine but I keep searching). This issue contains the origin and The Turtle. Came out late 1956.

SC4.jpg

That doesn't quite look like Carmine's Flash on the cover. So amazing that it came out in 1956?! What month was SC4 published? 

In my mind that is the greatest Flash cover ever one of the Silver Ages greatest covers and also one of comics all time best piece of comic cover design. Often imitated but I don't think ever done better and a fantastic way to sign off on the book. Apparently Waid liked it and had a huge version behind his desk.

21 hours ago, flashlites said:

That doesn't quite look like Carmine's Flash on the cover. So amazing that it came out in 1956?! What month was SC4 published? 

I hope one day to get a better look at one, but at first glance I don't think so but that city back drop may or may not be Cinf

11 minutes ago, Terry E. Gibbs said:

I hope one day to get a better look at one, but at first glance I don't think so but that city back drop may or may not be Cinf

Yes I noticed that too, the cityscape in the background looked like Infantio, but the figure looks like someone else must have drawn it.

14 minutes ago, Terry E. Gibbs said:

In my mind that is the greatest Flash cover ever one of the Silver Ages greatest covers and also one of comics all time best piece of comic cover design. Often imitated but I don't think ever done better and a fantastic way to sign off on the book. Apparently Waid liked it and had a huge version behind his desk.

Maybe you could be persuaded to share the Oz version of 174 again??:gossip:

Flash Fans I have ordered my copy of 117, when it arrives my collection will finally be complete!

ComicConnect said it can take up to 3 weeks? It is my first time ordering from them. Do any of you have experience with ComicConnect? Is this true or just an over estimate?

On 3/19/2021 at 12:19 PM, hchill25 said:

If we are talking about great Flash covers, here's the greatest comic book cover of the Silver Age. This Andru & Esposito classic broke my brain when I saw it on the spinner rack at Southside Drug Store, back when dinosaurs roamed the earth!. :bigsmile:

7A016EB3-A47D-45DA-B34F-3A7F06F09C8A.thumb.jpeg.577e8b0f934103aebc651caf4484132a.jpeg

Edited by innocuous
Fixed photo