• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Flash collectors thread
23 23

4,845 posts in this topic

On 10/17/2018 at 10:26 AM, flashlites said:

What was it that made those 3 so special for you?

I could read and comprehend at 3. I just loved almost all of the DC titles that came out in the 60's. I first saw an ad for Flash 151 in Eighty Page Giant #8 and had to have it. Pretty sure those were the first 3 Flash comics I bought (151-153) and my subscription started with 154 and ran through 197.

On 10/18/2018 at 1:19 PM, evilskip said:

I could read and comprehend at 3. I just loved almost all of the DC titles that came out in the 60's. I first saw an ad for Flash 151 in Eighty Page Giant #8 and had to have it. Pretty sure those were the first 3 Flash comics I bought (151-153) and my subscription started with 154 and ran through 197.

When I was a kid I always dreamed of getting the subscription but I never did. I think it was about 1.50 a year in those days (early 70's). I could never save. I spent my quarters as fast as I earned them. 😀

Hey there Flash fans! Is been kinda quiet out there. Anyone got anything new to share? I have a bit of a mystery .. A coverless Flash comic probably early to mid 70's, I found it at a yard sale. I will need help identifying it. I will post some pictures tonight. Its probably an 80 pg special but maybe you can help? 

11 hours ago, flashlites said:

Hey there Flash fans! Is been kinda quiet out there. Anyone got anything new to share? I have a bit of a mystery .. A coverless Flash comic probably early to mid 70's, I found it at a yard sale. I will need help identifying it. I will post some pictures tonight. Its probably an 80 pg special but maybe you can help? 

I've only picked up a couple of beaters for the SA, FL. Are you missing the Index page with the indicium for the 80 pager?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

1 hour ago, flashlites said:

That was amazing! Thanks! 

It's a good site to find anything like that FL. I only discovered it through the boards. (thumbsu

I've not read that story, I'll check it out online later. :grin:

Edited by Gnasher

18 hours ago, Gnasher said:

I've only picked up a couple of beaters for the SA, FL. Are you missing the Index page with the indicium for the 80 pager?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

What's wrong with beaters!? That's my whole collection😀 its all I can afford. Show them, be proud, beaters got character! And they are way more challenging to grade. Anyone can grade a 9.4, but a 5.5 now that's a challenge! Case and point my fave Gil Kane covers ill be posting below. Keep sharing😀 I'm truly just happy to have a copy in any condition.