• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ace Comics featuring Four Favorites, Super Mystery, and Our Flag
6 6

893 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, sagii said:

Lessons learned (i'm the fastest 2.0 buyer on anything tough now :D )

Yeah, Terry was trying to talk me into it and when I look back on it I can't figure out a good reason why I didn't bite.  This was back when it was still relatively cheap.  

20 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

Well finally got my FF 6 back today!  Here she is in all her glory.  CGC 6.5 Universal OW/WP. Highest universal on the census with the next being a 4.5.  I think the Berk was a restored 7.0.  It did come with a detached CF notation so not sure the point deduction for something like that.  I also have the 3 back which I will post later.

image.thumb.jpeg.93501921317f00de17e7c90fa30a484a.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5f66ea2fd46f5f6d6da940a7d66bba8c.jpeg

OH MY!!!! Now that right there is a sweeeeeeeeeeeeet book!!!

Hey fellow ACE fans! Here's another 2 I've added to the run.  I'm extremely happy with both but the 26 I'm especially happy about.  Gerber 8 with no photo available in the journal.  Also the highest on the census and from the Berk Collection.  (I think this one was originally an 8.5 and subsequently got bumped up to a 9.0.) I'm still a ways off from completing the run but slowly making progress towards this goal.

FF26.jpg.11c6b89437bca1ab9138c951ad1a4fdd.jpgFF17.jpg.26d0cd1ffd24631058b1f0d9ffdbb974.jpg

41 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

Hey fellow ACE fans! Here's another 2 I've added to the run.  I'm extremely happy with both but the 26 I'm especially happy about.  Gerber 8 with no photo available in the journal.  Also the highest on the census and from the Berk Collection.  (I think this one was originally an 8.5 and subsequently got bumped up to a 9.0.) I'm still a ways off from completing the run but slowly making progress towards this goal.

FF26.jpg.11c6b89437bca1ab9138c951ad1a4fdd.jpgFF17.jpg.26d0cd1ffd24631058b1f0d9ffdbb974.jpg

:applause:Great pick ups, and beautiful copies. I have a vg 26, but as you noted it is missing from the Gerber and imho one of the books that has held up to his 8 ranking in the internet age, so cool book in any grade. 

48 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

Very nice indeed. I collect Aces and have never seen the 26. Of the two, I am more partial to the 19. Good luck on your quest to complete this run. I pretty much have given up. Don't be afraid to buy them in any grade. It might be a long time (if ever) that you get a chance. 

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

Very nice indeed. I collect Aces and have never seen the 26. Of the two, I am more partial to the 19. Good luck on your quest to complete this run. I pretty much have given up. Don't be afraid to buy them in any grade. It might be a long time (if ever) that you get a chance. 

Thanks RM.. Totally agree with your comment about picking up in any grade.  

@sagii interesting comment you made with respect to "holding up" the 8 rating.  Surprisingly there is another 8, FF 20 I believe which I actually have seen quite a few come to market in the last year or so.  Think there is a 5.0 voldy sitting on eBay with a fairly reasonable, IMO, BIN of $630 which has been sitting there for quite a while now.

2 minutes ago, MustEatBrains said:

Thanks RM.. Totally agree with your comment about picking up in any grade.  

@sagii interesting comment you made with respect to "holding up" the 8 rating.  Surprisingly there is another 8, FF 20 I believe which I actually have seen quite a few come to market in the last year or so.  Think there is a 5.0 voldy sitting on eBay with a fairly reasonable, IMO, BIN of $630 which has been sitting there for quite a while now.

@MustEatBrains The other Gerber 8 No Show is #24 which is my favorite Ace cover. While i have seen over a couple turn up since i acquired mine, it still doesn't change hands frequently. I believe a copy was offered from the same seller when your #6 came to market and that also did gangbusters like your 6 :baiting: ). One recently sold in a C'Link auction this year (i believe around the time of CC's Berk auction) and that one though certified did significantly less. Under the radar due to the CC event i believe. If i didn't win any Berk books, i'd be the owner of two copies now :D

Four Favorites #24.jpg