• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ace Comics featuring Four Favorites, Super Mystery, and Our Flag
6 6

893 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, walclark said:

These used to be in competitor's slabs, but I used the crossover grading service to have them CGC graded.

535812448_banner3001.thumb.jpg.ddd568f517990f1f8aca5726fd99904d.jpg

527265968_banner4001.thumb.jpg.0a07e6b7990986ea6f316d0d28ee5762.jpg

:luhv: Sweet!

They look swell in their new slabs! This Thread has been humming along again and i love it! 

Edited by sagii

21 hours ago, sagii said:

:bump:

Bert and Sue Were a running cover feature on later issues of Super-Mystery Comics before the ghostly Unknown took over as the main cover feature for an even briefer run. The covers they graced are some of the best, with some holding their own when compared to the superhero fare that preceded it.

Super-Mystery Comics V6 #3 is of course their most infamous and coveted cover, but if there was a prize for runner up, i'd nominate this one, Super-Mystery Comics V7 #6. It's almost 50's DC like, but just a little grittier. Sue is a fetching Woman in Red here, Bert is being the manly man and the Unknown joins the duo in an alley to reckon with some (unfortunate) thugs. Love the use of colors on this one, and it will be slabbed by years end (at last)

Super-Mystery Comics v7 #6.jpg

Sue always loved to wear red :smile:

1 hour ago, sagii said:

@comicjack Has there ever been a sort of consensus on Top 10 Woman in Red covers ?

I'm sure I know which book @SushiX would be voting for lol (i'm jealous and i don't even collect Planet Comics :D )

You can always start :smile:

12 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

supermysteryv6-4.jpg

:applause:Another cool one! Coincidentally, I got one of my other Bert and Sue cover issues from our very own Bedrock City Comics.

I wonder if they were the inspiration for 'Hart to Hart'? (Lord i'm dating myself, but i was kid when that was on, i swear!)

Edited by sagii

On 2/12/2019 at 7:48 PM, sagii said:

:bump:

Bert and Sue Were a running cover feature on later issues of Super-Mystery Comics before the ghostly Unknown took over as the main cover feature for an even briefer run. The covers they graced are some of the best, with some holding their own when compared to the superhero fare that preceded it.

Super-Mystery Comics V6 #3 is of course their most infamous and coveted cover, but if there was a prize for runner up, i'd nominate this one, Super-Mystery Comics V7 #6. It's almost 50's DC like, but just a little grittier. Sue is a fetching Woman in Red here, Bert is being the manly man and the Unknown joins the duo in an alley to reckon with some (unfortunate) thugs. Love the use of colors on this one, and it will be slabbed by years end (at last)

Super-Mystery Comics v7 #6.jpg

14 hours ago, Robot Man said:

I'd buy that (if I could). Never seen that one outside of Gerber. I like this one a lot too.

comsupermysteryv7#3.jpg

8 hours ago, MrBedrock said:

supermysteryv6-4.jpg

It’s No MYSTERY that these 3 COMICS are SUPER!!!!!

6 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Here’s a fun little pic....

46177225305_2660e5dd9d_b.jpg

:applause:Ginooooo!!

Epic group shot there friend! Four different covers illustrating what makes this publisher so special in the GA parthenon.

Some really out there bad guys (:

On 2/14/2019 at 11:10 AM, sagii said:

:applause:Ginooooo!!

Epic group shot there friend! Four different covers illustrating what makes this publisher so special in the GA parthenon.

Some really out there bad guys (:

Whats up brother!! No one appreciates those Aces like you bro thanks man I totally agree these are super special!! 

On 12/12/2018 at 10:28 PM, walclark said:

These used to be in competitor's slabs, but I used the crossover grading service to have them CGC graded.

535812448_banner3001.thumb.jpg.ddd568f517990f1f8aca5726fd99904d.jpg

527265968_banner4001.thumb.jpg.0a07e6b7990986ea6f316d0d28ee5762.jpg

Two of my favorite ACE books!!! Somehow I missed this post gotta get back to signing on on the ol' desktop every once in awhile. These look gorgeous in their new threads!!!! 

1 minute ago, Robot Man said:

So cool Gino! Seems like forever since I scored a cool Ace. At least I can have fun with yours!

thanks brother!!! They sure don't pop up that often. Count your blessings though because you were cool before people knew what cool was!!! Oh to have a time machine and snatch some of these up before they hit the prices they fetch in todays market!!