• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ace Comics featuring Four Favorites, Super Mystery, and Our Flag
6 6

893 posts in this topic

Kinda like a Fourth of July homage what with the Rocket blast cover, if not that, sure one of the most bizarre early bondage covers ever! :D

Four%20Favorites%207_zpsakbnjxkc.jpg

BOOOOOOM!!!! That book just happened!!! Awesome and what a great copy!! :applause:

I'm cross posting this (I should have posted here first) - Anyone have one of these, would love to see other copies of this classic cover

IMG_0508_zpso6zx5vy9.jpg

:applause::applause: Beauty!! Glad to see when I finally get around to submitting mine (pile of books on deck, have to stop buying first though) it's got a classic cover designation. Thanks for posting here. Hope this thread eventually gets the kind of enthusiasm as other publisher threads with multiple posts and comments :wishluck:

Oh, and here's mine: image_zpsfu8y9g6c.jpeg

I'm cross posting this (I should have posted here first) - Anyone have one of these, would love to see other copies of this classic cover

IMG_0508_zpso6zx5vy9.jpg

:applause::applause: Beauty!! Glad to see when I finally get around to submitting mine (pile of books on deck, have to stop buying first though) it's got a classic cover designation. Thanks for posting here. Hope this thread eventually gets the kind of enthusiasm as other publisher threads with multiple posts and comments :wishluck:

GREAT BOOKS GENTS!! Rudy!!! Rudy!!! Rudy!!!

IMG_0508_zpso6zx5vy9.jpg

Pretty happy with my copy.

SuperMystery_zpscntvrsuh.jpg

H

IMG_0508_zpso6zx5vy9.jpg

Wow, that is one sharp example! Stunner :applause:

I'm sure you people have seen that simply STUNNING copy of Four Favorites #6 (as well as a few more) that Comics4less has running on the bay. Man, that is killer. Only copy I've ever seen outside of Gerber. On my want list for years and now I REALLY want it. Any guesses as to it will bring???

I'm sure you people have seen that simply STUNNING copy of Four Favorites #6 (as well as a few more) that Comics4less has running on the bay. Man, that is killer. Only copy I've ever seen outside of Gerber. On my want list for years and now I REALLY want it. Any guesses as to it will bring???

Ssssshhhh, I was hoping no one would notice. Just kidding there was no way this one was going to go under the radar. I am thinking $1800-2500 based on some of the recent sales of hard to find, cool cover, esoteric GA. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it went higher as when are you going to get a shot at another one?

Ssssshhhh, I was hoping no one would notice. Just kidding there was no way this one was going to go under the radar. I am thinking $1800-2500 based on some of the recent sales of hard to find, cool cover, esoteric GA. Though I wouldn't be surprised if it went higher as when are you going to get a shot at another one?

There was the 4.5 with SB pages that presented very nicely that sold on heritage a few months back...you know it's rare when they've only ever sold 1 copy and it was that one...super neat book for sure

http://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/four-favorites-6-ace-1942-cgc-vg-45-slightly-brittle-pages/a/7137-93091.s?ic4=GalleryView-ShortDescription-071515

H

IMG_0508_zpso6zx5vy9.jpg

Wow, that is one sharp example! Stunner :applause:

Missed this one....Fantastic book brother!!

Beauty of a copy of Four Favorites #6 JB

I passed on that HA copy earlier this year due to the PQ....oh why?

I was hoping there was some SLIM chance this would not be discussed on the Boards and maybe, just MAYBE, Sunday where i'd be on the first day of a five day vacation in Myrtle Beach S.C., i'd slip away from family and friends to my hotel room to bid on this book and win it at some 'fluke' price because hey, it went unnoticed. I'd still make out considering all my trip expenses!

That dream is now dashed...but on the bright side, hey my family and friends will now have my undivided attention, right? I'll have more vacation funds to do something unplanned while there, right?

That's always a good thing. But still, deep down.....

IEC_zpsuadeiwhr.jpg

Edited by Sagii

Beauty of a copy of Four Favorites #6 JB

I passed on that HA copy earlier this year due to the PQ....oh why?

I was hoping there was some SLIM chance this would not be discussed on the Boards and maybe, just MAYBE, Sunday where i'd be on the first day of a five day vacation in Myrtle Beach S.C., i'd slip away from family and friends to my hotel room to bid on this book and win it at some 'fluke' price because hey, it went unnoticed. I'd still make out considering all my trip expenses!

That dream is now dashed...but on the bright side, hey my family and friends will now have my undivided attention, right? I'll have more vacation funds to do something unplanned while there, right?

That's always a good thing. But still, deep down.....

IEC_zpsuadeiwhr.jpg

lol Enjoy your time off brother you deserve it!!

Don't bother. I have a standing offer on it for $10K. If it doesn't reach that it's mine.

Don't bother. I have a standing offer on it for $10K. If it doesn't reach that it's mine.

Ah that is good to know as I have one of 20k. lol

Just kidding, there is no need to worry I am not a player. Just an idle speculator.

Ah that is good to know as I have one of 20k. lol

Just kidding, there is no need to worry I am not a player. Just an idle speculator.

lol. I was just ribbing.