• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ace Comics featuring Four Favorites, Super Mystery, and Our Flag
6 6

893 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

This one they hit right on in my opinion. I always felt the v2 #3 above was about the same grade. Both look great in the new holders!

lightning v2 #1.jpg

One great cover Jimbo 

8 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

I don't think I posted this book here since I had it graded.

super mystery v2 #3.jpg

I got a few others back from grading as well. They were kind of hard on this one.

lightning v2 #3.jpg

This one they hit right on in my opinion. I always felt the v2 #3 above was about the same grade. Both look great in the new holders!

lightning v2 #1.jpg

WOW!!!!! I'm starting you come World Series time because you are straight up knockin' em' out of the ol' ballpark!!! 

On 8/9/2017 at 10:32 PM, sagii said:

Sharon, you know how I feel about Aces :x 

SMC #3 has been a toughie for me: when the Berk copy came up it was on the last day of the auction and with some of my wins that closed earlier going for higher than I expected, I thought I had an 'ace' in the hole: Comiclink had a copy closing the following week which, even though it was a point lower than the Berk copy it presented just as well but my thought was, ' I'll wait and snag that one. It'll close for a lower price because it doesn't have the ' Berk mystique'".

Boy was I wrong: it topped the Berk copy and then some :whatthe:

Great books all around Sharon  :headbang:

I think some of the late-in-the-alphabet Berk books did go lower than I had expected.  In hindsight, there were some bargains in that auction, despite the bidding frenzy over some of the books.

2 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

I think some of the late-in-the-alphabet Berk books did go lower than I had expected.  In hindsight, there were some bargains in that auction, despite the bidding frenzy over some of the books.

Yes, whenever I browse through the completed listings since, I see a lot of missed opportunity there, mainly because I didn't want to blow my whole budget in one night or on one book only when the auctions were closing. My only Ace win from that auction. Thanks Mr. Berk :foryou:

Four Favorites #23 (j.b.c.).jpg

16 hours ago, sagii said:

Yes, whenever I browse through the completed listings since, I see a lot of missed opportunity there, mainly because I didn't want to blow my whole budget in one night or on one book only when the auctions were closing. My only Ace win from that auction. Thanks Mr. Berk :foryou:

Such a cool book!

On October 17, 2017 at 8:34 PM, sagii said:

That's a beaut!

On 10/16/2017 at 8:23 PM, MustEatBrains said:

These 2 FINALLY back from cgc...  Still waiting on a bunch more FF to grade and come in and excited to see what the #6 will come back as.

image.thumb.jpeg.e450199c367af4ccf773ba99af767e88.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.ee98d57e831804a43d58ee2e7d0fb1bf.jpeg

Four Favorites #17 has one of the best covers in the run. Such a bizarre scenario :insane: My copy isn't as nice a shape as yours, but i love it just the same. It's a well written story for the times about a stolen art scam involving Nazis.

It also features one of the most violent panels EVER! A stabbing of a woman in the throat in the Lash Lightning story. This is from the copy on DCM, not mine. Can't wait to see your graded #6

1508422472four favorites 17 pg 28.jpg

Edited by sagii

10 hours ago, sagii said:

Four Favorites #17 has one of the best covers in the run. Such a bizarre scenario :insane: My copy isn't as nice a shape as yours, but i love it just the same. It's a well written story for the times about a stolen art scam involving Nazis.

It also features one of the most violent panels EVER! A stabbing of a woman in the throat in the Lash Lightning story. This is from the copy on DCM, not mine. Can't wait to see your graded #6

1508422472four favorites 17 pg 28.jpg

Very cool, didn't see that before. I have a FF 14 that's at CGC with a label notation "decapitation panels" haven't seen those yet.  Need to get some of the photocopied issues and flip through them in more detail. 

2 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

Very cool, didn't see that before. I have a FF 14 that's at CGC with a label notation "decapitation panels" haven't seen those yet.  Need to get some of the photocopied issues and flip through them in more detail. 

Yes, sometimes you just don't want to 'mishandle' certain books, so photo copies and digital sites come in handy.

I think a notation of that panel is in order on future slabbed copies of that issue too. 

love four favorites, absolute favorite book is #12, the classic LB Cole Hitler story is just something you don't see today him being portrayed as the devil makes all the sense in the world for the time and now. Very violent Magno panels as well! Would love to find a copy of this book!