• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ace Comics featuring Four Favorites, Super Mystery, and Our Flag
6 6

893 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:
thanks for posting this list C!!! just awesome now let’s see those that made it I am sure it will light a Sure-Fire onto this awesome thread!!! I have a few Aces up my sleeve but only One on the list!!! craziness. Well if you’re only gonna have 1 might as well be #1 right haha!! I think half of my posts all time on these boards have included this book it just never gets old to me I hope you guys don’t get sick of seeing it haha!!

88F2E2FA-189B-48B6-8095-EA4F04EE4F0D.jpeg

Post it any time Gino. I never get tired of seeing it! 

3 hours ago, telerites said:

I have a copy of #9 also.  As an aside, I went heavy on the Banner 5 that HA had last week.  Just got beat out.  Would have loved to have that book.  Of my Four Favorites between 1-10, I have #s 1, 4, 5, and 8 (2 copies of this one) but miss on the ones on the list.

2011120728081.jpg

Wow, didn't know HA was auctioning off a copy either :facepalm: (must be slipping)

On another note, nice copy Jeff! And list books withstanding, you have a great collection of Ace books! Thanks for sharing!

Blissard just listed a 4 favorites #5 on ebay.  Can't remember the last time I saw one of those available.  It's a beater, but should be interesting to see what it goes for.  There wasn't even a copy in Berk's collection! 

15 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Bought this from Teddy at WonderCon several years ago. Is it beat? Of course. I dug it out of a box. Thought it was way overpriced but had never seen one. I quickly found out how wrong I was when several dealers and seasoned collectors had said how rare it was and wanted to pay me way more than I spent on it. Haven’t seen another copy since to upgrade it. Proud to have it.

365F38DD-7E3E-454D-AFFE-D2A9E6FE827B.jpeg

Nice one RM! One of those 'get what you can' collectibles. I know @gino2paulus2 is another Boardie lucky enough to have one. 

Yeah, I'm of the school of thought that almost any copy is better than no copy at all on books like this. I'd rather have this one, than waiting for a nicer copy that might never come along again.

One of my biggest regrets was about 10 years ago passing on a Suspense #3 for a similar reason. It had a pretty rough spine, some chipping on the edges and missing some pages. Price $1,200. Presented well though. I went back and forth on it and passed. As soon as I handed it back, Ritchie Munchin, who was lurking behind me snatched it and paid full price. I knew then and there, that I had probably missed my chance of ever owning a copy...:sorry:

I have bought low grade books and upgraded many of them and perhaps, one day, this one will also be upgraded.

In the meantime, perhaps Gino or some other lucky boardie will post a copy that we can see all the great cover on it...

18 hours ago, sagii said:

Nice one RM! One of those 'get what you can' collectibles. I know @gino2paulus2 is another Boardie lucky enough to have one. 

Thanks Corey!! Sure do brother and can’t agree more you buy what you can when it comes to these. This was one of the first GA books I remember REALLY REALLY wanting and just not being able to find. I know our boy @telerites has a copy as well!!! Such an enormously tough book. 

15 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Yeah, I'm of the school of thought that almost any copy is better than no copy at all on books like this. I'd rather have this one, than waiting for a nicer copy that might never come along again.

One of my biggest regrets was about 10 years ago passing on a Suspense #3 for a similar reason. It had a pretty rough spine, some chipping on the edges and missing some pages. Price $1,200. Presented well though. I went back and forth on it and passed. As soon as I handed it back, Ritchie Munchin, who was lurking behind me snatched it and paid full price. I knew then and there, that I had probably missed my chance of ever owning a copy...:sorry:

I have bought low grade books and upgraded many of them and perhaps, one day, this one will also be upgraded.

In the meantime, perhaps Gino or some other lucky boardie will post a copy that we can see all the great cover on it...

Any copy is a great copy and I completely agree with this train of thought bro!! btw sorry about the Suspense 3 man I am sure that one haunts. I’ve never even seen one in real life so even if you didn’t land it that day you still got me beat haha!!

I desperately chased this Four Favs Classic and now am lucky enough to have 2 copies l. One is this gorgeously stunning 3.0 with off white-white pages and the other is a Library of Congress copy which has deep reds but spine is split completely. Pages are nice though 

3C040E77-C0A9-44A6-8457-11C3265A576B.jpeg

F8F85EB0-3478-4E8C-9F75-BEE2FB85E8C5.jpeg

4 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Any copy is a great copy and I completely agree with this train of thought bro!! btw sorry about the Suspense 3 man I am sure that one haunts. I’ve never even seen one in real life so even if you didn’t land it that day you still got me beat haha!!

I desperately chased this Four Favs Classic and now am lucky enough to have 2 copies l. One is this gorgeously stunning 3.0 with off white-white pages and the other is a Library of Congress copy which has deep reds but spine is split completely. Pages are nice though 

(worship)(worship)

7 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Nice Gino! Funny about books like this. Some are so tough that a lot of us lust over “a mere 3.0”...:roflmao:

Yours presents very well. Congrats!

2 hours ago, sagii said:

....and while we're at it: @telerites Jeff, post that baby :taptaptap: 

And hopefully with a little back story of the acquisition :headbang:

To be honest, Corey, I don't remember where I got it.  I don't think I subbed it so bought slabbed and most likely one of CC, CL, HA auction before these became so hot.

2011120729331.jpg

35 minutes ago, telerites said:

To be honest, Corey, I don't remember where I got it.  I don't think I subbed it so bought slabbed and most likely one of CC, CL, HA auction before these became so hot.

2011120729331.jpg

:banana:feels like the Planet Thread around here.

Nice copy Jeff! That really is one stand out cover! Wall to Wall torture (:

12 minutes ago, buttock said:

Looking back through this thread, JB posted the Church copy, so he must have kept the book.  

Here's my copy:

MVIMG_20190619_192005.jpg

:golfclap::golfclap:Spectacular! Just spectacular!