• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ace Comics featuring Four Favorites, Super Mystery, and Our Flag
6 6

893 posts in this topic

fourfavorites21.jpg

Amazing books Walclark ( but then, you never disappoint). Love them all, but this one is so moody, I'm really drawn in. You guys also make me realize I'm gonna have to go outside of Four Favorites and Super-mystery to build an impressive if small Ace collection. Again, thanks for participating in the reboot!

This one's pretty scarce.

It is real scarce...never seen one except mine (Rockford)

that is so cool 2 of em :o it's funny you talk about scarcity bc I have had that issue on my alert on eBay for 3 or so years and never seen one come up!! great stuff everybody and thanks Corey!! I agree great books!! pretty tough it seems as well!!

Edited by gino2paulus2

This one's pretty scarce.
I think you and JB have altered a lot of want lists :wishluck:

A friend of mine, who no longer collects, tracked my copy down about 12 years ago. When he sold his collection I bought a bunch including that one. I haven't seen one offered for sale ever since so I'm glad I bought it. I think I paid 5X Guide for it way back then.

One of my favorite GA books, the previous one to that #13, which I did not know it was the first L.B. Cole cover. The inside story of the Unknown Soldier has L.B. Cole art…

kqFzlenh.jpg

Centerspread looks like this, and it’s an original story:

gefTlwDh.jpg

(worship)(worship)(worship) absolutely stunning!

Fantastic books guys! I'm on the hunt for one of these for the LB Cole art, and he did art on a few more issues after this I think too.

Fantastic books guys! I'm on the hunt for one of these for the LB Cole art, and he did art on a few more issues after this I think too.

Not on the Unknown Soldier, as far as I know. I checked them all (public domain scans) as I was interested in the character, but if it’s not in #11 or #13 (the ones I did not check), #12 should be the only episode drawn by Cole. :shrug:

Just arrived in the mail, been lucky, packages have been arriving on my days off. Yes, i have been cheating on MLJ again with Ace :blush: . But i cannot resist their charms! Super-MysteryComicsv46_zps37ce701d.jpg

Great book.

Minor point, but I noticed that it gives a higher Canadian price. Pretty common for paperback books to have both U.S. and Canadian prices printed on the cover, but unusual, I think, for comics. Not sure whether the Canadian market for comics was too small to risk U.S. buyers becoming confused over the price. hm

Just arrived in the mail, been lucky, packages have been arriving on my days off. Yes, i have been cheating on MLJ again with Ace :blush: . But i cannot resist their charms! Super-MysteryComicsv46_zps37ce701d.jpg

Great book.

Minor point, but I noticed that it gives a higher Canadian price. Pretty common for paperback books to have both U.S. and Canadian prices printed on the cover, but unusual, I think, for comics. Not sure whether the Canadian market for comics was too small to risk U.S. buyers becoming confused over the price. hm

Thanks friend. That stood out to me too. Makes it look like an over sized pulp.