• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ace Comics featuring Four Favorites, Super Mystery, and Our Flag
6 6

893 posts in this topic

Fantastic books guys! I'm on the hunt for one of these for the LB Cole art, and he did art on a few more issues after this I think too.

Not on the Unknown Soldier, as far as I know. I checked them all (public domain scans) as I was interested in the character, but if it’s not in #11 or #13 (the ones I did not check), #12 should be the only episode drawn by Cole. :shrug:

Maybe it was in an issue of Super Mystery then. I have a splash scanned that he did, I'll look for it. I think I posted it in the Cole thread.... Mmmmmmmm.......

fourfavorites20_zps1bcb5c17.jpg

Scan2.jpg

can't ever see too many of either cover, but after JB posted his copy of the giant bird and babe black cover, i searched some of the online dealers and found one. Should be here next week and I'll show off mine. Edited by Sagii

I even forget what I posted.....

JB, there are just no words! What a collection! You NEVER see these books come up. Lucky guy :golfclap:

I drifted to esoteric GA......just some great stuff. My column form CBM was

"The Comicbox" (get it "JBComicbox"?

My first article ever for Gary was on Wow, What a Magazine.

Loved doing articles on these titles.....And the best thing was getting Jim Mooney to recreate his early wonderful covers......jb

So digress to Wow (#2 is first Eisner cover)

149985.jpg.961558c8afa4e2e1ccfd8b81800f5ed6.jpg

149986.jpg.ca2809ee0f411035bd9b8c23d54bf276.jpg

149987.jpg.2a177ed18e91b47173fb1fb9bf7b7706.jpg

149988.jpg.5957676e1d99e6b9276e28f964e40213.jpg

Coverwise it ain't as cool as the others here but it is an Ace and a Mile High.

WebOfMystery5.jpeg

Nice! I was hoping people would post more than just the super hero stuff! It's from the collection of collections! Thanks for sharing (thumbs u Edited by Sagii

JB, there are just no words! What a collection! You NEVER see these books come up. Lucky guy :golfclap:

Loved doing articles on these titles.....And the best thing was getting Jim Mooney to recreate his early wonderful covers......jb

WOW, what magazines ( lol)I remember your columns from CBM, lord I miss that magazine! Ever consider being profiled for HA's "Intelligent Collector" magazine? You have great comic related pieces.

They published some very under-rated horror comics. (thumbs u

Coverwise it ain't as cool as the others here but it is an Ace and a Mile High.

WebOfMystery5.jpeg

WOW, what magazines ( lol)I remember your columns from CBM, lord I miss that magazine! Ever consider being profiled for HA's "Intelligent Collector" magazine? You have great comic related pieces.

Jon and his collection were featured in Forbes back when they used to have a collecting story in each issue.

Jon and his collection were featured in Forbes back when they used to have a collecting story in each issue.

do you know what issue specifically? Maybe I can find a back copy on eBay?