• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I can't seem to incorporate a photo in my posts

5 posts in this topic

Any advice on scanner settings? I'd like to post pics of a few comics in here to hear what the masses have to say prior to submitting, but I can't seem to get the books scanned properly. Prescanned, yes. Scanned and saved to the hard drive for use in posting? No luck so far, the program crashes as soon as I try to start the regular scanning process. Do I need to be offline to scan? Do I need to reinstall the software? Do I need to change my scanner settings?

Any help appreciated.......

What scanner program are you using and what model is your scanner?

What image editing software are you also using?

What Operating System are you running everything on? (XP Professional, XP Home, Windows 2000, Windows Me, 98, OS X, etc.)

Step 1 in any such troubleshooting: completely power down your scanner and your PC. Power back up and try again. (Step 1 is as far as I've ever gotten in scanner troubleshooting; maybe I've been lucky!)

Okay. My scanner is an "Artec AM12E", the software came with the scanner (Im sure it's brutal, but was given to me gratis by the brother in law, so I'm stuck with it for now).

Im running 98 (also brutal, sorry), on a relatively slow PC by today's standards (p1 200).

I've recently defragged and hard booted, so Im planning on trying again later (when the kids have gone to bed). Im more worried Im trying for too-good a scan, I'd like someone to walk me through what sizes, settings (for res) etc you're using to get those nice XL sized pics people are tacking up in their posts.

Thanks again for the help.

Jim