• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FS - The USAF Mildenhall Collection - Discounted 'Left-Overs' & All New Books!

1,455 posts in this topic

OK, folks…just got a call from the owner of these books and he’s looking for his first payment. Therefore I’m now on collection duty. crazy.gif

Anyone who’s in a position to pay for their books, could you PM me and I can get a total over to you. Let me know whether you want to settle in full and get the books in the postal system, in which case I’ll quote you for shipping also, or whether you want to simply pay the book total now and we can sort out shipping at a later date.

893whatthe.gif We have to pay for these books? frustrated.gif

OK, folks…just got a call from the owner of these books and he’s looking for his first payment. Therefore I’m now on collection duty. crazy.gif

Anyone who’s in a position to pay for their books, could you PM me and I can get a total over to you. Let me know whether you want to settle in full and get the books in the postal system, in which case I’ll quote you for shipping also, or whether you want to simply pay the book total now and we can sort out shipping at a later date.

893whatthe.gif We have to pay for these books? frustrated.gif

Unfortunately, yes.

The old 'scan, drool and pretend you own it' game gets rather old rather quickly. poke2.gif

27_laughing.gif

flowerred.gif

FOOM #7

VF+ (8.5)

$22

news.gif

SOLD!!!

thumbsup2.gif

One more gone, but still plenty left. New books are being processed, including some Silver Age/early Bronze Age stuff...12c and 15c stuff that we thought we'd throw this way and see what the response is. thumbsup2.gif

As previously intimated, the Silver Age from this collection is of a lesser quality than the Bronze and later books. There are too many books that are the UK (pence) editions, and too many that have been well-read…the OO was only a kid when he bought them and it often shows. However, there are a number of books that have made it through in decent shape and the owner has spent a bit of time sorting through the boxes to find a few to post up here.

Amazing Spider-Man #39

VF (8.0)

$200

Totally flat, smooth covers with excellent gloss and colour-strike. Pages are fresh and off-white to white. Excellent spine, slightly rounded corners, light over-hang damage, the vaguest of thumb stresses just in from the mid-point of the leading edge. The only real problem with the book is the small tear on the top edge, sufficient to drag it down to VF, even though the book presents a hell of a lot better than the grade would suggest.

news.gif

SOLD!!!

news.gif

One more gone, but still plenty left. New books are being processed, including some Silver Age/early Bronze Age stuff...12c and 15c stuff that we thought we'd throw this way and see what the response is. thumbsup2.gif

as we discussed... thumbsup2.gif

Nick --

Do you have DCs of this quality?

I am very interested if you do.

Brian,

From what we've seen, yes there will be. Nothing this week, but bit by bit, we'll be getting into the Silver stuff over the coming weeks.

I'll give you the heads-up when I'm ready to list some 60s DC. thumbsup2.gif

Nick

Fantastic Four #66

VF+ (8.5)

$110

Flat, smooth covers with superb gloss and colour-strike, very supple in hand and remarkably ‘fresh’ feeling, given its age. Pages are off-white. Problems are a few small nicks on the spine, very minor overhang wear to top edge, small, vague cover stress at the bottom right corner.

FantasticFour66-Front.jpg

FantasticFour66-Back.jpg

Fantastic Four #68

VF+ (8.5)

$55

Flat, smooth covers with superb gloss and colour-strike, very supple in hand and remarkably ‘fresh’ feeling, given its age. Pages are off-white. Problems are a few small nicks on the spine, very minor overhang wear to top edge.

FantasticFour68-Front.jpg

FantasticFour68-Back.jpg

Fantastic Four #70

VF- (7.5)

$32

Flat, smooth covers with excellent gloss and colour-strike. Pages are white. Problems are a few small nicks on the spine, light overhang wear to top edge, vague cover stress at the bottom left corner, small, vague fold at bottom right, vague cover stress just in from the leading edge above the mid-point, a small chip out of the leading edge of the back cover, a common flaw caused by bundling.

FantasticFour70-Front.jpg

FantasticFour70-Back.jpg