• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vampirella's - Show 'em off
14 14

2,294 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

Alot of thoses commemorative 1's

That to. But lots of originals as well. I can't see paying $100 for one of the commemorative. I think I got a copy for about $20 a few years ago.  

28 minutes ago, wombat said:

That to. But lots of originals as well. I can't see paying $100 for one of the commemorative. I think I got a copy for about $20 a few years ago.  

Yeah not worth the kind of dough people are asking for them.

On 5/14/2019 at 9:01 PM, wombat said:

Has anyone else noticed there seems to be a big increase in Vamp 1s on ebay?

I noticed that too, they are coming out of the woodworks🥴🥴😳🧐

I'm not sure if I shared the first painting with you guys, but I also picked up another as well. These are both oil painting commissions from the master Enric Torres. The first one I commissioned for myself, and the second was an auction pick up. Both are around 11x17 in image size, and I'm still deciding on the perfect frames and matting for them.

Vampirella.jpg

Vampirella 2.jpg

32 minutes ago, FoggyNelson said:

Hi Oak , I know you have all the Creepy but do you have all the Eerie and Vamp,s too ?

I have a complete run of Creepy, Vampirella, and halfway to finishing my Eerie run.

4 hours ago, Key Largo Comics said:

Grabbed this the other day. What I find more impressive than the Adam Hughes front cover is the beautiful ad on the rear cover. I believe the artist is Julie Bell.

VOV10raw9.6F.jpg

VOV10raw9.6R.jpg

Couldn't agree more, but the back cover artist is in fact, Boris Vallejo.  Interesting that he chose to have one boot off an on the ground.  Hadn't really noticed that before.

1 hour ago, Stevemmg said:

Fantastic find on the "swipe".  Hadn't seen this before.

It's definitely known by some people, but I hadn't heard about it until I saw the cover somewhere and went "wait a minute...".  I wonder how many people spotted it back when it came out, I think that's one of the covers Steranko used in his history of comics chapter on the pulps.