• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vampirella's - Show 'em off
14 14

2,294 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, OtherEric said:

So, Dynamite had a deal a couple weeks ago, where you could get 20 random comics for $10, including one scarce variant, shipping included.  I figured it was more my style of playing the lottery than the actual lottery would be.

The package arrived today.  This was my scarce variant.  I would say it was a well spent $10:

Vampirella_01_2010.jpg

Ten bucks? Winner winner chicken dinner! 👍

20 hours ago, Escaflown41 said:

Is the large book’s content the same as the smaller book or is it all different artwork by Jose Gonzalez inside?

The big book is like normal Artist Editions you see for some comic stories. Only bigger. It is scans of the original artwork from Jose Gonzalez Vampirella stories.

https://aeindex.org/reviews/jose-gonzalezs-vampirella-art-edition-vol-1/

Where as the relatively smaller book, which is really a normal sized book, is an overall Art of Jose Gonzalez book with I assume a good majority of his works. I haven't seen any thing else that compares to it. There are a few other books and magazines I'll pick up like that Illustrators Spanish Artist special edition.

On 4/29/2020 at 5:32 PM, OtherEric said:

So, Dynamite had a deal a couple weeks ago, where you could get 20 random comics for $10, including one scarce variant, shipping included. 

For the record, next time share this news with us.   :makepoint:

Edited by wombat

2 hours ago, wombat said:

For the record, next time share this news with us.   :makepoint:

Will do, and I apologize.  For what it's worth, they weren't guaranteeing a rare Vampirella cover, just a rare something they published; and out of the 20 books there was only one other Vampi issue.

But given that I was hoping for a Vampirella when I dropped the $10, I should have figured others here might have been interested as well.  My bad.

Vampirella 6, 8-10, 13, 17, 18, 29 & 39 are all in transit. More to share soon!

Edited by piper

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

It's a sickness isn't it! 

Yes, but I’m not going to get all 114 issues....hm

This was an impulse buy, so I don't know if I'll even end up keeping it, but here it is for you to view for now. Back in 2014 Jenny Frison did some covers for Vampirella, and there were limited editions of only 50 copies that were released as virgin variants as well. Issue #3 had my favorite of those covers, however, Vampirella is supposed to be laying upside-down on the cover. Whoever slabbed this one at CGC must not have been paying attention and mistakenly slabbed it with her laying right-side up and the book upside-down. :roflmao: The thing is that I actually like it this way, and it's kind of cool that it's a CGC error slab.

20200519_194754.thumb.jpg.cd6ca9a0920e7e581536eb9d20d715e1.jpg

20200519_194810.thumb.jpg.9bc16dda9ec306aa002bb670ed7b1dc1.jpg

This is how it's supposed to look:

74765648_Vv2n3-03.jpg.646c12a60bfbccca716b9f0deaf25706.jpg

Edited by Darkga

42 minutes ago, Darkga said:

This was an impulse buy, so I don't know if I'll even end up keeping it, but here it is for you to view for now. Back in 2014 Jenny Frison did some covers for Vampirella, and there were limited editions of only 50 copies that were released as virgin variants as well. Issue #3 had my favorite of those covers, however, Vampirella is supposed to be laying upside-down on the cover. Whoever slabbed this one at CGC must not have been paying attention and mistakenly slabbed it with her laying right-side up and the book upside-down. :roflmao: The thing is that I actually like it this way, and it's kind of cool that it's a CGC error slab.

277760241_Vv2n3-01.thumb.jpg.c69bb1fa5084d1817866bd562be69e9c.jpg

636199516_Vv2n3-02.thumb.jpg.eb1cbcaedb9f024a8fafe10f5a1c7cc6.jpg

This is how it's supposed to look:

74765648_Vv2n3-03.jpg.646c12a60bfbccca716b9f0deaf25706.jpg

That is kind of scary. It tells me no one even gives a book a cursory glance once it has been slabbed.