• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vampirella's - Show 'em off
14 14

2,294 posts in this topic

So, my local store missed my pull on Sacred Six #3.  Since I was mostly getting a copy to read, I figured why not go for the VF copy of the 1:20 ratio cover MCS had for less than cover, particularly if my local shop finally came through with my reorder after I broke down and got it else where.  Glad I did, since my LCS finally did get my reorder in.  (No Vampi on the main cover, so not posting it here).

Sacred_Six_03g.jpg

20 minutes ago, wombat said:

My LCS has a bunch of virgin covers and I was assuming they were Vampirella. I had never heard of this Sacred Six. 

It's written by Christopher Priest, who is writing the main Vampirella title right now as well.  I'm a little behind on my reading; particularly since I had forgotten the title was coming out and didn't have it on my list until #2.  I'll sit down and read them (and get caught up on the current Vampirella series) sometime this weekend.

Sacred_Six_01.jpg

Sacred_Six_02.jpg

Sacred_Six_03.jpg

On 10/26/2020 at 6:38 PM, Darkga said:

Yeah it's a one of a kind commission by Bruce Timm; not a print or comic cover.

The seller is an original art collector in Mexico and a big Bruce Timm fan. When I was vetting the transaction, he sent me this picture of him (I cropped him out for privacy) and some of his collection! :whatthe:

eBay link? I can't seem to find it.

Time for a little-known Vampirella history lesson... Back in October 2000 there was a proposed DC/Vampirella crossover project in the works. Comic book artist and animation storyboarder Jim Janes (R.I.P. Sept 2020) hand-painted presentation cels of the different possible crossovers, and one of them was with DC's Golden-Age JSA (Justice Society of America). I don't know about you, but I kind of like the idea of Wonder Woman and Vampirella fighting side by side. ;) This unique piece is now a part of my collection. :grin:

1743373043_VampirellaandtheJSA-JimJanes.thumb.jpeg.069e910fee96757e801c52c89097d208.jpeg

Edited by Darkga