• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vampirella's - Show 'em off
14 14

2,294 posts in this topic

Does Zakarella count as belonging in this thread? Zakarella is the Portuguese/Brazilian answer to Vampirella. I recently acquired issue #4 in the run.

I don't have any but have seen pics of the whole run. Some fantastic covers and the only foreign mags I would consider collecting! :applause:

44 minutes ago, NCAmother said:

Pretty abused book with coupon missing on the back.   It's a personal book because of the autographs, but most of these guys passed away before the whole SS thing, probably a $20 book but priceless to me.  I have been thinking of getting Ridley Scott to sign, but he might be too modern lol

Sigs: Frazetta, Ackerman, Harryhausen Jr., Bradbury, and Vincent Pricenathanappel.thumb.jpg.da84c866b2bf82f58a27be7f284f305c.jpg

INSANE!   (worship)

And on my favorite Vampirella cover too!

Edited by oakman29

Thanks boys.  There's actually a long story behind this book(and yes it involves eBay)  The short and simple version, got this signed at 2 0r 3 conventions.  Frazetta and Bradburry were at a Sci-Fi-fantasy convention put on by Forrest Ackerman I believe.  The signatures were all from southern california.  Because of life's ups and downs, the book was sold to a movie monster collector whom hung out with Ackerman.  Last year, this comic was for sale on eBay from someone that sells autographs as an occupation,  I immediately made an offer and now it is home!   I can tell you this, Frank Frazetta has hundreds of thousands of his signature around, some from conventions, most from limited edition series/lithos/books etc.  It makes sense that CGC SS copies go for as high as they do, I think he only had 200 CGC SS books.  All these books were signed after his stroke, and more interesting is he taught himself to paint(autograph) with his only useful hand, his left.  I don't think there are many of those autographs, but from the CGC SS timeline, it appears they were signed post stroke.   Another myth is he only signed his last name.  This is false, some of his autographs were personalized at the shows.  He signed with his full name which in itself is very beautiful as well!!!!   I bet there are hundreds of members here with non CGC certified sigs.  He was kinda like Clint Eastwood, in the way he presented himself physically and with his fans(whom he loved!!)

8 hours ago, NCAmother said:

Thanks boys.  There's actually a long story behind this book(and yes it involves eBay)  The short and simple version, got this signed at 2 0r 3 conventions.  Frazetta and Bradburry were at a Sci-Fi-fantasy convention put on by Forrest Ackerman I believe.  The signatures were all from southern california.  Because of life's ups and downs, the book was sold to a movie monster collector whom hung out with Ackerman.  Last year, this comic was for sale on eBay from someone that sells autographs as an occupation,  I immediately made an offer and now it is home!   I can tell you this, Frank Frazetta has hundreds of thousands of his signature around, some from conventions, most from limited edition series/lithos/books etc.  It makes sense that CGC SS copies go for as high as they do, I think he only had 200 CGC SS books.  All these books were signed after his stroke, and more interesting is he taught himself to paint(autograph) with his only useful hand, his left.  I don't think there are many of those autographs, but from the CGC SS timeline, it appears they were signed post stroke.   Another myth is he only signed his last name.  This is false, some of his autographs were personalized at the shows.  He signed with his full name which in itself is very beautiful as well!!!!   I bet there are hundreds of members here with non CGC certified sigs.  He was kinda like Clint Eastwood, in the way he presented himself physically and with his fans(whom he loved!!)

Hundreds of thousands of Frazetta sigs out there? That seems a bit far fetched.