• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vampirella's - Show 'em off
14 14

2,294 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, wombat said:

Hundreds of thousands of Frazetta sigs out there? That seems a bit far fetched. 

It does sound crazy, but there are so many lithos, books, etc. that had limited runs of 1,000-5,000.  Beware though, there are a lot of Frank Frazetta Jr. autographs on his fathers work.

s-l1600.jpg

Sadly that is true, Jr. did a lot of signing and it's very difficult to tell the difference. It's one of the main reasons I invested in signature series books over some of the other signed items. I had a go around with Jr over a drawing I bought from the museum back when Frank was still alive. He sent a drawing, but it did not match the one on the website, I am pretty sure it was Jr trying to forge Frank's work along with the signature.  The one on the left is the one I thought I was buying, the one on the right was what was sent. Attached is what I sent Jr to show it was the wrong drawing. I got my money back, but it was an eye opening moment for me, I did finally get an original drawing, but not that one.

conan3.jpg

14 minutes ago, Makmorn said:

Sadly that is true, Jr. did a lot of signing and it's very difficult to tell the difference. It's one of the main reasons I invested in signature series books over some of the other signed items. I had a go around with Jr over a drawing I bought from the museum back when Frank was still alive. He sent a drawing, but it did not match the one on the website, I am pretty sure it was Jr trying to forge Frank's work along with the signature.  The one on the left is the one I thought I was buying, the one on the right was what was sent. Attached is what I sent Jr to show it was the wrong drawing. I got my money back, but it was an eye opening moment for me, I did finally get an original drawing, but not that one.

conan3.jpg

Wow, that's terrible! Even the arms and legs are different. Did Jr. try to say there were more versions of this sketch or something? Glad you got your money back!

2 hours ago, NCAmother said:

Glad you got your money back.  It's very sad, actually atrocious.  Frank Jr. was busted on stealing a lot of his fathers work at the museum a while back.  This was after Frank Sr. passed away.

Forgot the full story but didn't it entail him driving a truck through a wall to get to the artwork? :frown:

8 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Forgot the full story but didn't it entail him driving a truck through a wall to get to the artwork? :frown:

Not sure, but I remember it being a super ridiculously comic event!  No stealth whatever!  I wouldn't be surprised if he drove a truck thru the wall lol

About 6 months ago a very sharp looking Vampirella in CGC 9.9 sold for over 2K and i noticed issue #78 in 9.8 on Comiclink which not only looks just as sharp with the Barbara Leigh cover :x:x . It reminds me of a story i was once told to me by my brother. A friend of his use to work at American International Pictures and they were approached by Hammer Films whose owner had cast Barbara Leigh to play Vampirella in a movie. She actuallycame to the meeting as well wearing the vampirella outfit   :x:x:x    and pursuaded them to come on board. However apart from Leigh there was no other famours actor in the movie and the whole thing fell apart. which is a shame. It still surprises me that with all the vampire and vampire related films made nobody has done a big vampirella movie. Hope its just a matter of time.  

Edited by Justin Case

On 4/12/2017 at 5:24 AM, Makmorn said:

conan3.jpg

Wow, not even close really. I too have my story to share about a purchase gone wrong and a switcheroo. In terms of the signature, even real signatures are not worth that much because these portfolios can be had for sometimes around 100-150 dollars, depending on the set. I also assumed those were real sigs.

47 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I am finally a member of this club with this recent purchase:

Vampirella 1.jpg

:applause: