• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vampirella's - Show 'em off
14 14

2,294 posts in this topic

Pretty amazing bonus. Congrats!!!  It makes me wonder how many comics are out there with signatures (not just Frazetta) where the person has no clue. I have so many purchases that I have never taken out of the bag and inspected. 

Edited by wombat

36 minutes ago, wombat said:

Pretty amazing bonus. Congrats!!!  It makes me wonder how many comics are out there with signatures (not just Frazetta) where the person has no clue. I have so many purchases that I have never taken out of the bag and inspected. 

Right! I checked every one of my Frazetta books after Artboys find, of course nothing.:sorry:

Edited by oakman29

On 5/14/2017 at 4:39 PM, FoggyNelson said:
  On 5/9/2017 at 0:07 AM, Artboy99 said:

I am finally a member of this club with this recent purchase:

That signature is a work of art itself.  Sure like to see a witnessed Frazetta signature like that to confirm it wasn't a fanboy doodle (which I personally don't think it is).  Here's one I just dug up.

image_zpsqsbyu1su.jpg

22 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

That signature is a work of art itself.  Sure like to see a witnessed Frazetta signature like that to confirm it wasn't a fanboy doodle (which I personally don't think it is).  Here's one I just dug up.

image_zpsqsbyu1su.jpg

I love that cover!

I honestly do not know what to make of that signature. I can not find any other like it on a comic or magazine. One other comment is his signature always seems to be horizontal, but in the case of my Vampirella there isn't much room for it to go anywhere but where it is so I guess it might explain why it is turned. Of course I have no idea but maybe the owner asked for it to be signed there? (shrug)

My first graded magazine arrived in the mail today, Vampirella 1 CGC 7.5.

:luhv:  I'm very happy. I just wish it fit in my comic boxes....

I don't think this is a slippery slope into magazines, but one never knows what the future holds. hm

I'll post a picture tomorrow.

23 minutes ago, piper said:

My first graded magazine arrived in the mail today, Vampirella 1 CGC 7.5.

:luhv:  I'm very happy. I just wish it fit in my comic boxes....

I don't think this is a slippery slope into magazines, but one never knows what the future holds. hm

I'll post a picture tomorrow.

Yeah, that's what I said at first.......:whistle:

Great pick up buddy.:applause:

1 hour ago, oakman29 said:

Love em, love em. Vampi 11 is my favorite cover in the run.

I like 34 better :blush:

6 hours ago, Jayman said:

Vampi 17 gets overlooked a lot and has one of my favorite covers. Also the terrific Wood Egyptian story inside is an all time classic! :x

I love the painting on the cover, it is fantastic! I will read the story :)

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 3:46 PM, FoggyNelson said:

Cgc might make notations of the signature if graded really nice signature too

I think it is likely, I had a CGC 7.5 House of Secrets 92 that had the notation "Bernie Wrightson  written on first page in pen."

House of Secrets 92 CGC 7.5.jpg

Oh Momma.  Would you like some Fries with that Shake? :insane:

Call me slow, but I really really dig this Vampi Cover.  It may be one of my top 5 (I should really quantify that some day).  

I love the amount of black used completely framing in the cover.  Vampi's Outfit is bangin.  The color pallete is just cool.  Oh and from what I hear Frazetta actually did Vampi's face for Ken on this one... :gossip:

0444C5A2-6CAC-4465-82F9-D0BC38F7EA97.jpg

55 minutes ago, bounty_coder said:

Oh Momma.  Would you like some Fries with that Shake? :insane:

Call me slow, but I really really dig this Vampi Cover.  It may be one of my top 5 (I should really quantify that some day).  

I love the amount of black used completely framing in the cover.  Vampi's Outfit is bangin.  The color pallete is just cool.  Oh and from what I hear Frazetta actually did Vampi's face for Ken on this one... :gossip:

0444C5A2-6CAC-4465-82F9-D0BC38F7EA97.jpg

I dig it too! But man that number in upper left corner makes it that much prettier.:cloud9: