• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best modern pickups of the last 6 months...

36 posts in this topic

I just got this one today. The signature looks mighty different than the one posted just above. I hate to think some "spoon" forged the signature.

File0581.jpg

Looks legit to me. He just used a thicker pen (probably a sharpie).

I just got this one today. The signature looks mighty different than the one posted just above. I hate to think some "spoon" forged the signature.

File0581.jpg

Looks legit to me. He just used a thicker pen (probably a sharpie).

Thanks Solar. That's what I was thinking, but it's nice to get someone else's opinion. Thanks again! thumbsup2.gif

File0581.jpg

when i looked at the two pics, the only true difference is that on your copy it looks like the guy just used a thicker marker.

the letters still look formed in a very very similar way, if not the exact same way, and even on the same place too!

i posted this in the "This Week in Your Collection Thread" but so many people post there that it got lost.

This is one of my best pickups because of the price! Please read on:

i know that everyone who wants these books probably has them by now, but i got these as a presale from Colossus Comics at an amazing amazing amazing price waay before anyone knew they would be huge.

cap25presaleqg9.jpg

the story of these books is actually on the price. i purchased the presale for these about 3 months before the issue came out (just waaay in advance) because I had a feeling the issue would be big, and when he had a listing for the regular cover and the variant cover in a single lot + reading copies, I was down.

the price I paid for these books was a steal. why? because they listing he put up was actually a TYPO and not the price he had intended. i bought 1 of the 10 he had up, and once i checked the listing again, it was gone. some time went by and i got an email saying that the listing price i had purchased was a typo, but the seller was going to honor the price. how great is that??

all in all, the total price I paid for 4 copies of Cap #25, 2 being cgc 9.8 was about $57US

i still have the books. i'm a huge fan of the character and of the run. i probably won't sell them unless i grade the unslabbed ones.

i hope to eventually get Ed McGuinness' signature on those 'variant' covers

Jeff Smith went to a ton of cons and signed a ton of issues. Nobody would bother to forge his sig, let alone forge his sig on a Bone 1 first print. thumbsup2.gif

Jeff Smith went to a ton of cons and signed a ton of issues. Nobody would bother to forge his sig, let alone forge his sig on a Bone 1 first print. thumbsup2.gif

word.

all in all, the total price I paid for 4 copies of Cap #25, 2 being cgc 9.8 was about $57US

Killer deal!!! do you still have the books, or did you flip'em???

I'm not sure I would've paid that much 893scratchchin-thumb.gifm

9.8's are just too common nowadays to really mean anything.

Yeah, me neither. Why pay $57 for something that's worth $150-200? That's just bad business! insane.gif

Yeah, me neither. Why pay $57 for something that's worth $150-200? That's just bad business! insane.gif

I never make bad deals like that....I wish I would though

Good deal IMHO

i thought i was paying a fair price for the books. what made it such a good deal for me was the fact that people went crazy over the issue the day it came out.

amidst all the hype and craziness, i'd already secured my very mint copies of the book, and the fact that the issue was so well written just makes it even better!

and on another note, although 9.8's may be "common" i still think it has meaning. i've had lots of experiences when i'm in the lcs and i've had to go through piles and piles of new releases just to look for decent copies that werent damaged in some way (and that's just for my collection, forget about slabbing books), so for me, getting 9.8's is extra nice.

Although I've known about this and the Spider-Man: Trial of Venom Special Edition and had them on my want list for quite some time, I had never seen either one (in person). So I immediately grabbed it when I found it a few weeks ago.

HulkVenom.jpg

I think it was worth the $1.50 yay.gif