• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold Collecting Thread
1 1

759 posts in this topic

bb25-70a.jpg

I had a feeling your copy was going to make an appearance in this thread. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Where's all the mid- and late-run SA issues? I know people got 'em!

Well, it IS top census (at least until Arnie sends his copy in), so I felt obligated. tongue.gif

Personally, I like the #18 better these days anyway. It's a much better cover. cloud9.gif

bb25-70a.jpg

I had a feeling your copy was going to make an appearance in this thread. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've never seen this cover before. And, is there no 10 cent price on the cover? Or does it blend in with the background?

bb25-70a.jpg

I've never seen this cover before. And, is there no 10 cent price on the cover? Or does it blend in with the background?

That is correct - no 10 cent cover price. I noticed the same thing and looked all over the place on the cover for the price. It isn't there.

thats always looked like a Sparling cover, or Haney inked by Giordano, not Adams. Has Neal ever stated he drew this cover? or only did a very rough layout?? Theres not one line or face or muscle that looks remotely like Neals work!

(at least until Arnie sends his copy in)

893naughty-thumb.gif When a man works so diligently to protect his anonymity on the boards, it should be respected! wink.gif

1) Who the hell is Arnie? 27_laughing.gifyay.gif

2) If someone cares so much about his anonymity, he should not respond to Scoop! inquiries under his real name with a message worded exactly the way he posts on the boards! tongue.gif

This is my first attempt to post a scan here...hope it works. confused.gif

This is my favorite BB cover. Too bad it was the last Kubert Viking Prince! This was one of the peaks of the Silver Age!

1692835-BB24compressed.jpg.42db9ca7210d0279fb0f72546b4d1062.jpg

Okay that didn't work! Christo_pull_hair.gif

How do you get the scan in the post? Do you add a URL?

Anyway, you can click the attachment!

Post with attachment.

Click attachment to display scan. Copy url to clipboard.

Edit post - click Image in "Instant UBB Code."

Paste url into dialogue box.

Submit edited post.

Easy-peasy.

And nice book, btw. I bought some high-grade late-silver/early bronze B&Bs at Wondercon. Now I wonder if I should have gone after the pre-hero ones I saw. Alas. At least I got a nice Fight Comics 38 I won't regret not buying...

Daaaaaaaamn that is a sweet looking #2. Far and away the nicest I've ever seen. hail.gif

Thanks. The pages are just about the whitest I've ever seen for that time period.

Here's another copy. Sorry if it's a repeat.

BraveBold21.jpg