• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold Collecting Thread
1 1

759 posts in this topic

I upgraded my old beat up copy of this issue. This is one of my favorite issues (post 24) of the run. I love the color combination (green, yellow and purple) and the fact that it is the first team up issue. This issue defined the series for the next 20 years and 150 issues.

bb50cgc.jpg

Congrats on the upgrade! So true about how this book was the caticlyst in changing the BB series. This is one of those important non - 1st appearance keys. It is, however, a Green Arrow SA key since it's one of the few books where Green Arrow stands out during the SA (the other being his joining the Justice League of America in issue 4 and BB 85 where Oliver gets a new costume). As I have said and will continue to say- what makes this a great hobby is that there are so many different kinds of key books. I love the combinations of greens and yellows on this book - sometimes the mix of colors can make a book a classic cover and this one is a classic SA cover imho. BB 50 kind of has a Golden Age-ish look to it.

Best,

John

I just received this issue in the mail yesterday. Easily my earliest issue in the series:

BampB3frontrivercity_zpsxjcfovwi.jpg

Love the silent knight covers. Had a whole set of them about 5 years ago. Miss them :sorry:

Edited by johnenock