• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold Collecting Thread
1 1

759 posts in this topic

Okay that didn't work! Christo_pull_hair.gif

How do you get the scan in the post? Do you add a URL?

Anyway, you can click the attachment!

1692835-BB24compressed.jpg

Daaaaaaaamn that is a sweet looking #2. Far and away the nicest I've ever seen. hail.gif

Thanks. The pages are just about the whitest I've ever seen for that time period.

Here's another copy. Sorry if it's a repeat.

BraveBold21.jpg

It's just not fair, not fair at all. If you only had a sweet washtone collection, or only had a sweet 50s horror collection I might be able to deal with it. This is simply too much though. 893naughty-thumb.gif

Daaaaaaaamn that is a sweet looking #2. Far and away the nicest I've ever seen. hail.gif

Thanks. The pages are just about the whitest I've ever seen for that time period.

Here's another copy. Sorry if it's a repeat.

BraveBold21.jpg

It's just not fair, not fair at all. If you only had a sweet washtone collection, or only had a sweet 50s horror collection I might be able to deal with it. This is simply too much though. 893naughty-thumb.gif

At least I don't have any of those great Kirby/Ditko pre-hero monster books.

Oh wait, I do! devil.gif

Do you have a full run of pre-JLA Brave and the Bold?

I don't think we've seen a copy of #1 yet in here.

I used to have one. I think it received a F/VF from CGC when someone slabbed it. Although it had very nice pages I wasn't entirely happy with it due to some color fading.

This is my first attempt to post a scan here...hope it works. confused.gif

This is my favorite BB cover. Too bad it was the last Kubert Viking Prince! This was one of the peaks of the Silver Age!

Welcome to the thread, John! Fantastic looking book, and great cover! Not a commonly seen B&B, even on these boards!

I am surprised that nobody has posted a # 1yet. I got this one from my one and only auction from Soethbys. It was a throw in. The main books were Flash 105 and Showcase 8

thumbsup2.gif

Have you posted the B&B #1 (and Flash 105 and Showcase 8) in the 10 cent thread?

I am surprised that nobody has posted a # 1yet. I got this one from my one and only auction from Soethbys. It was a throw in. The main books were Flash 105 and Showcase 8

bb1.jpg

If you're interested in selling that "throw in," PM me.

Post with attachment.

Click attachment to display scan. Copy url to clipboard.

Edit post - click Image in "Instant UBB Code."

Paste url into dialogue box.

Submit edited post.

Easy-peasy.

And nice book, btw. I bought some high-grade late-silver/early bronze B&Bs at Wondercon. Now I wonder if I should have gone after the pre-hero ones I saw. Alas. At least I got a nice Fight Comics 38 I won't regret not buying...

Thanks! That is easy...once you know how to do it! I never would have figured that out.

Post with attachment.

Click attachment to display scan. Copy url to clipboard.

Edit post - click Image in "Instant UBB Code."

Paste url into dialogue box.

Submit edited post.

Easy-peasy.

And nice book, btw. I bought some high-grade late-silver/early bronze B&Bs at Wondercon. Now I wonder if I should have gone after the pre-hero ones I saw. Alas. At least I got a nice Fight Comics 38 I won't regret not buying...

Thanks! That is easy...once you know how to do it! I never would have figured that out.

You're welcome. I learned how to post scans the same way you did.

Now show us some funny books!

BB16-50.jpg

My scanner sucks at color accuracy. frown.gif In trying to get the red in the logo right, I over-blued the stuff at the bottom. The colors on this copy are superb. Methinks it's time for a new scanner.

By the way, if you ever want to start a bidding war between me and seank over your B&B #1, PM me. 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

By the way, if you ever want to start a bidding war between me and seank over your B&B #1, PM me. 27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

How about I buy it and you visit the Tiki Hut and oogle it?

How about I buy it and you visit the Tiki Hut and oogle it?

Uh, how about no. 27_laughing.gifwink.gif