• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,380 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, PopKulture said:

I just love the colors on this book. Winter sunsets are on upon us, so I'm just trying to go with it. (Yes, I know, half of you live in the warm climes. I'm working on it...)

45855666.ece855cd.800.jpg

Looks like Lake Michigan right now. You can have your “seasons”. It’s going to be 75 degrees at the flea market tomorrow.   :devil:

5 hours ago, Robot Man said:

From the same guy I got Uncle Scrooge #1-40 in two volumes

unclescroogeboundvolume1.jpg

unclescroogeboundvolume2.jpg

unclescroogeboundvolume3.jpg

unclescroogeboundvolume4.jpg

unclescroogeboundvolume5.jpg

unclescroogeboundvolume6.jpg

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but after the three FC issues, I'm not crazy about most of the Scrooge stories.  For me, the Donald FCs and the Donald WDC&S 10-pagers from the same period are Barks at his best. Although FC 386 is probably in my top five Barks books.  My Barks "top five" has about 40 books in it. :)

1 hour ago, Sqeggs said:

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but after the three FC issues, I'm not crazy about most of the Scrooge stories.  For me, the Donald FCs and the Donald WDC&S 10-pagers from the same period are Barks at his best. Although FC 386 is probably in my top five Barks books.  My Barks "top five" has about 40 books in it. :)

Barks, the great story teller.  His work makes me feel warm and fuzzy. 

The fact that years later someone was talented and creative enough to fill those shoes pretty well (Rosa) is pretty amazing.  I can’t say I like his work any less. 

9 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

:jaws:

Not to knock a book I just won, but this isn't the strongest 6.5 I've ever seen, yet it got the CVA stamp. hm

Probably has something to do with the Albacore Tuna Lobby - they’ve got a lot of influence in DC (Dell Comics). :insane:

13 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Probably has something to do with the Albacore Tuna Lobby - they’ve got a lot of influence in DC (Dell Comics). :insane:

Those guys are running everything these days!

3 hours ago, Red84 said:

Not a comic, but just won this 1950s King Kong poster on Heritage.

I've wanted a vintage King Kong poster for awhile and this one has some great graphics.

Can't wait to get it framed and up on the wall! :banana:

Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 2.35.34 PM.png

Great image.  I like that a lot.  

6 hours ago, Red84 said:

Not a comic, but just won this 1950s King Kong poster on Heritage.

I've wanted a vintage King Kong poster for awhile and this one has some great graphics.

Can't wait to get it framed and up on the wall! :banana:

Screen Shot 2017-11-19 at 2.35.34 PM.png

Very cool, Red! So it looks like a 1950’s release of the 1930’s film for a Spanish-speaking audience. Such awesome graphics. What size is it?

5 minutes ago, Zolnerowich said:

Very cool, Red! So it looks like a 1950’s release of the 1930’s film for a Spanish-speaking audience. Such awesome graphics. What size is it?

Exactly.

King Kong (Astor Films, R-1950s). Argentinean One Sheet (29.25" X 43").

I was surprised to see how many different foreign releases there were.