• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,437 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Ltpink2002 said:

What can I say.  Took a beating, but finally found a nice copy.   One of the best GGA/PCH IMO.

GhostComics06.1.jpg

This book has been on fire and it's easy to see why. 

3 hours ago, comicjack said:
4 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Giant Comics Editions 12- one of two key Bakers I have been wanting that has eluded me, up until now.

Should have the other one soon, I hope. 

fc.jpg

I remember i passed on a really nice copy long ago, boy was i stupid 

I'm not sure I've seen a nice copy of this book.  The best I've been able to do is a 4.0.

10 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

I'm not sure I've seen a nice copy of this book.  The best I've been able to do is a 4.0.

I'm sure it was the 7.0 which wasn't slabbed and held in hand around 94 or 95

18 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Giant Comics Editions 12- one of two key Bakers I have been wanting that has eluded me, up until now.

Should have the other one soon, I hope. 

fc.jpg

Congrats! I'm not too familiar with this book so forgive the question. Is this book over or undersized? Can't tell if it's in a magazine size holder or not from the scan. Thanks!

14 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Congrats! I'm not too familiar with this book so forgive the question. Is this book over or undersized? Can't tell if it's in a magazine size holder or not from the scan. Thanks!

It is in a magazine holder but to be honest with you I can’t tell exactly why has to be. I think it is more about the thickness of the book than the size 

12 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

It is in a magazine holder but to be honest with you I can’t tell exactly why has to be. I think it is more about the thickness of the book than the size 

(thumbsu Thanks, good to know if I ever happen to come across one! 

6 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

:applause:

That used to be this earlier last year:

https://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=700355

Also dig the 69 (thumbsu

Interesting that "cleaned" disappeared from the description.  It doesn't appear to have been cleaned, so perhaps this time around the graders didn't think that it had been.

Edited by Sqeggs
Typo

On 1/11/2018 at 5:44 PM, Readcomix said:

I'm still astounded I was given the opportunity to acquire this today, especially presenting this well. Completely unexpected, but :cloud9:

image.jpeg

Adjust focus....  top five Baker for me.