• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,432 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Well I would say the mailman was VERY nice to me this week!!! Thanks to a boardie for the Adventure!!! 

So we as Men should all know the very important life lesson that HAPPY WIFE = HAPPY LIFE!! I have a new one for the ladies. Happy Hobbyist = Happy Husband hahaha!! Yeah I couldn't think of anything that rhymed with Husband lol

40139525644_3f6ff5c02c_b.jpg

26977820578_688d950f30_b.jpg

:headbang: Very cool pick ups Gino! Cool to see you in the Prize 43 club :bigsmile:

And it's always nice to see folks' hoarded covers! Top shelf choice!

Well I would say the mailman was VERY nice to me this week!!! Thanks to a boardie for the Adventure!!! 

So we as Men should all know the very important life lesson that HAPPY WIFE = HAPPY LIFE!! I have a new one for the ladies. Happy Hobbyist = Happy Husband hahaha!! Yeah I couldn't think of anything that rhymed with Husband lol

Looks like the mailman woke you up Gino. :baiting:

great books! 

Hey Gino, congrats man! I hope your mailman knows how much joy he brought you this week. Those are all some awesome looking books, and the Adventure and Zip both present way better than those funny numbers in the top left corner!

And that photo of you on the piano bench -- priceless! But put on some socks! :D

10 hours ago, sagii said:

:headbang: Very cool pick ups Gino! Cool to see you in the Prize 43 club :bigsmile:

And it's always nice to see folks' hoarded covers! Top shelf choice!

Thanks Corey!! Yeah I needed that Prize #43 and got outbid on the beautiful 3.5 so I just couldn't let this one pass me by!! Some very cool art in this book I have a french bulldog so seeing the bulldog splash in Airmale's "Canines of Crime" story made me smile and I have to say I love the Frankenstein splash as well!! Very moving stuff!! Telling the kids to read the comics then to turn them back in/recycle them when they were done to be reconverted to cardboard for the War efforts!! 

As far as the Adventure I would like to hoard it but I don't think I will in the end so you will probably see my old copy for sale here in the near future. I took the downgraded # in the top left from a 3.0 to a 2.0 for an upgrade in PQ as my old copy has SB pages and the 2.0 presents just as nicely imo. Enjoy a few interior pics from the Prize my friends...

39047498150_87f175ebab_c.jpg

39047493650_b6df1bc993_c.jpg

40148537684_c28fab8ecf_c.jpg

10 hours ago, Robot Man said:

Looks like the mailman woke you up Gino. :baiting:

great books! 

9 hours ago, Jayman said:

@gino2paulus2 Great pickups! Love the Zip 27, super cool! :headbang:

8 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Hey Gino, congrats man! I hope your mailman knows how much joy he brought you this week. Those are all some awesome looking books, and the Adventure and Zip both present way better than those funny numbers in the top left corner!

And that photo of you on the piano bench -- priceless! But put on some socks! :D

7 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Awesome week, @gino2paulus2 ! Congrats! :headbang:

Thanks Everyone!!! Its actually pretty funny you guys mentioned just waking up and no socks!! That is because I quite literally had just WOKEN UP!! As some of you know I work night shifts so had worked from 7p Thurs night until 8am Friday morning. I then stayed up to take my son to preschool and pick him up at 1130am. This period is when I opened up the books. When he got home we all ate lunch, talked, and played, "Super heroes" for about 2 hours. We took out my wife's sewing kit and strung up a whole room like spiderwebs and swung some Spiderman toys around catching Venom, Doc Ock, and the Lizard who were trying to taking over the kids play room haha!! Then I finally went to bed and slept from 2p-430p (this is the best way I have figured to readjust my biological clock over the years so I can sleep at night as well. The reason I mentioned the wife thing is because she actually suggested the picture since she said I had the biggest grin on my face and you all are VERY lucky I even had on shorts and a tee shirt because those came along with her suggestion as well as Daddy likes to sleep in his undies (tmi)  lol:blush: Finally the kids ate dinner while I had some cereal, I made my post to share with you all how excited I was then we all went bowling down the street and what a great time!! What a great day all around actually!! :cloud9: When my wife suggested we go bowling and this was the first thing that crossed my mind...

Thanks Corey!! Yeah I needed that Prize #43 and got outbid on the beautiful 3.5 so I just couldn't let this one pass me by!! Some very cool art in this book I have a french bulldog so seeing the bulldog splash in Airmale's "Canines of Crime" story made me smile and I have to say I love the Frankenstein splash as well!! Very moving stuff!! Telling the kids to read the comics then to turn them back in/recycle them when they were done to be reconverted to cardboard for the War efforts!! 

As far as the Adventure I would like to hoard it but I don't think I will in the end so you will probably see my old copy for sale here in the near future. I took the downgraded # in the top left from a 3.0 to a 2.0 for an upgrade in PQ as my old copy has SB pages and the 2.0 presents just as nicely imo. Enjoy a few interior pics from the Prize my friends...

Frankenstein versus the Nazis -- what a great movie that would be! :)

13 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

39047498150_87f175ebab_c.jpg

40148537684_c28fab8ecf_c.jpg

Nice grab Gino! Was that the one up on ebay? I was going to take a serious stab at it but life got in the way and I missed it. Glad it went to you brother!

10 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

I love when you are going through boxes and you find books stuck behind other books in the wrong place and you didn’t even know you had them.  :smile:

FC0060BC-1B33-4F65-8F0C-5AF7619FE063.jpeg

Oh, yeah, happens to me all the time...:baiting:  Actually, I am so organized it scares me some times. My problem, is I got so much junk it some times takes me a while to move stuff to get at it. I have SA boxes I haven't looked at in 10 years...