• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,442 posts in this topic

Just now, Ricksneatstuff said:

Light one up

Combining my favorite Action cover with the first appearance of Lex Luthor. That works  

24E0749C-8DA7-4B77-9C9C-102E8E1669B9.jpeg

She doesn't have a red dress on but that would conflict with Sups cape wouldn't it :headbang: Love those detached covers more bang less bucks!

1 minute ago, comicjack said:

She doesn't have a red dress on but that would conflict with Sups cape wouldn't it :headbang: Love those detached covers more bang less bucks!

I agree completely.  I love Great looking books with one major flaw that bring them down 2 points. Especially detached cover, back cover stain or spine split. 

5 hours ago, Dreamtoreal1 said:

Witty comics #2  (1945)  a dead guy falling out of the closet?  #bizarre  2 Copies in census

IMG_0625.JPG

The kid looks like he's having a good time.

12 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Light one up

Combining my favorite Action cover with the first appearance of Lex Luthor. That works  

I still believe that's the true first Lois Lane cover, I don't care what Overstreet or the grading companies say. 

On 5/15/2018 at 9:45 PM, Mxwll Smrt said:

....and then this arrived ...

Master Comics 25.JPG

One of my favorites.  Drawn not long after Pearl Harbor and CM, Jr. is clearly feeling the rage.

On 5/20/2018 at 1:46 AM, Larryw7 said:
On 5/19/2018 at 1:34 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

Light one up

I still believe that's the true first Lois Lane cover, I don't care what Overstreet or the grading companies say. 

Can't be.  If you read the story, he isn't able to catch her. :insane:

On 5/16/2018 at 4:56 PM, originalisbest said:

Courtesy of Mr. Richard Evans of Bedrock fame at the recent C2E2. I love this Bill Ward cover and hustled over to his table after seeing it in his online inventory the night before! :smile:

CL-2.png

Nice copy of a tough book. 

On 5/17/2018 at 12:41 PM, Ricksneatstuff said:

No, this one is a keeper!

For me, that means it will make it through at least one season of the year ;)

Well, "early spring" ends Tuesday.  :)

On 5/16/2018 at 4:56 PM, originalisbest said:

Courtesy of Mr. Richard Evans of Bedrock fame at the recent C2E2. I love this Bill Ward cover and hustled over to his table after seeing it in his online inventory the night before! :smile:

His real last name isn't "Bedrock"?! How disillusioning! :|

On 5/19/2018 at 2:40 AM, Larryw7 said:

Another low grade book with decent eye appeal.

A8Doq9.jpg

Sweet book but a bit off putting with Batman and Robin arm in arm with a Musketeer and the blurb saying a "swashbuckling and romantic adventure"! :eek: