• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,423 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Dale Roberts said:

It’s clear. It says the offer expires in 7 days. Says nothing about the book being held for 7 days.  It also says the transaction is not complete until checkout. In a year and a half, this is the first time it had come up. 

Again, I’m sorry Rick didn’t realize how the site works. But as I said, it is set up that way for a reason. 

Dale, I've bought from you here on the boards and on your website a couple of times.  I recall seeing a "sale pending" status in lieu of the "add to cart" that does not allow someone to purchase an item on the site.  What actually triggers that change in status? I understand the site is automated however would consider possibly implementing some logic that is triggered when an offer is accepted to hold the book for a finite period of time and showing the item as "sale pending" . On the offer acceptance email would benefit to explicitly state payment is required in X amount of time. The email as it stands now is confusing and reads as if he had 7 days to pay. I know you said you've never had this come up but based on what Rick posted I can see this coming up again.  

On 6/10/2018 at 8:43 AM, gino2paulus2 said:

Got a couple books back from the Slaboratory and I am VERY pleased. I know the new slabs have been out for a bit but these books look so nice in them. Was very happy with the grades as well (i wrote down my guesses prior to and was within .5 on all of them which I guess isn’t hard with low grade books but still haha!! I had the BR at a 4.0/4.5 and it came back 4.5!!) I consider myself a very amateur grader with lots to learn but always fun to see yourself get close to what you expected. My only disappointed was the resto on the Prize and especially the PQ. I thought if any of these books came back even SB it would have been the Shield Wizard. I was able to flip through the Prize without issue. What gives I am not sure. Oh well it’s a rare purple cover with now a purple label so it’s color coordinated hehe!! Very happy with this small stack of funny books!!....

40900633360_8618ca0518_b.jpg28836961028_e132af1d29_b.jpg40900780490_cb3010ac4f_b.jpg42661915502_d86fb701e5_b.jpg42710914861_9eb854560a_b.jpg

Stellar pick ups Gino, and rarities a'plenty! Dig your style!:golfclap:

Edited by sagii

13 hours ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Here’s the deal. Somebody else got the book so it’s over. It would’ve not become public if I had not preemptively celebrated. By the time I realized I wasn’t getting the book there were comments on it and so I couldn’t just hide the post so I explained the situation from my vantage point @Dale Roberts

I got the attached email and the attached showed up when I went to the site after my offer was accepted. It’s Pretty easy for me to see where I got the idea the book was mine. I had no clue after my offer was accepted it was still up for grabs. When I clicked the link to pay it would not let me because I guess somebody else bought it after my offer was accepted. 

Would not be a big deal most of the time except this particular book is one I’ve been trying to get in nice shape for years and it was a pretty big letdown. 

Anyway, back to more cigar worthy books here.  We can close the chapter on this, at least on my end.  :foryou:

3D6B7160-ADA1-4151-9868-CB5CC80CEF93.jpeg

DFAD5499-5419-4B4E-9E79-5C303DC516E0.jpeg

From an outside perspective it clearly looks like Rick would get the book. There is nothing in the email that states transaction is not complete until payment is made. This email implies that the book is now on hold and the buyer has 7 days to make the payment. It states “You can go directly to the product page above to purchase this item at your discounted price” At the very least there should be bold language right under this stating that the book is not on hold until payment is made. My 2 cents.

Ken

5 hours ago, MustEatBrains said:

Dale, I've bought from you here on the boards and on your website a couple of times.  I recall seeing a "sale pending" status in lieu of the "add to cart" that does not allow someone to purchase an item on the site.  What actually triggers that change in status? I understand the site is automated however would consider possibly implementing some logic that is triggered when an offer is accepted to hold the book for a finite period of time and showing the item as "sale pending" . On the offer acceptance email would benefit to explicitly state payment is required in X amount of time. The email as it stands now is confusing and reads as if he had 7 days to pay. I know you said you've never had this come up but based on what Rick posted I can see this coming up again.  

The books on the site remain available for sale until checkout occurs. Someone compared it to ebay which is erroneous. The impetus on my site is on the buyer, not the seller. The difference is this, when an offer transaction is completed on ebay, the buyer accepts and is required to pay immediately. On my site, an offer is made, either accepted or declined, or a counter offer is made. The completion of the transaction does not occur when the offer is accepted, but when the checkout is completed. Currently I have a Daredevil #12 CGC 9.0 on my site, 5 days ago, an offer was made on the book. I countered the offer and the interested party accepted the counter, however, the book has not gone through checkout and so remains available for anyone to purchase on the site. My counter offer stands for 7 days, but the book is not held while the person makes up their mind. I know this happens with Comiclink as well, the book remains for sale on the exchange ( tho it is in your virtual shopping cart) until you check out. Basically, while I don't call it a shopping cart on my site, the book is placed there, and is removed only when the person completes the checkout process.  

Ken, it has nothing to do with "until payment is made". It has to do when the buyer checks out or doesn't. At that point, the book is unavailable to anyone else, regardless of whether payment is made or not.

BTW, this will be my last comment here about this topic. This forum is for posting books, not discussing my website. Sorry to all for the derailment. 

Edited by Dale Roberts

I believe that you are incorrect on most of the points you are making. First, ebay does not require immediate payment when offers are accepted. When my offers have been accepted, the item goes into My Ebay Purchased Items List as a sold item and I am given a reasonable amount of time to complete the transaction. On several occasions I have paid the day after my offer was accepted. Second, when I purchased a book from Comic Link, the book remained listed on their site, but with a "Sale Pending" notation. While the book was in a Sale Pending state, the boxes for making an offer or buying the book were removed. However, a Wait List button was placed beside the book. This feature allows other potential buyers to express their interest in the book should the pending sale fall through.

Finally, whereas this thread is primarily for posting and discussing comic books, this forum is always an excellent place to point out sellers who engage in what are believed to be poor, unethical, or illegal business practices.

Edited by PRTeckie

14 hours ago, gino2paulus2 said:

Got a couple books back from the Slaboratory and I am VERY pleased. I know the new slabs have been out for a bit but these books look so nice in them. Was very happy with the grades as well (i wrote down my guesses prior to and was within .5 on all of them which I guess isn’t hard with low grade books but still haha!! I had the BR at a 4.0/4.5 and it came back 4.5!!) I consider myself a very amateur grader with lots to learn but always fun to see yourself get close to what you expected. My only disappointed was the resto on the Prize and especially the PQ. I thought if any of these books came back even SB it would have been the Shield Wizard. I was able to flip through the Prize without issue. What gives I am not sure. Oh well it’s a rare purple cover with now a purple label so it’s color coordinated hehe!! Very happy with this small stack of funny books!!....

40900633360_8618ca0518_b.jpg28836961028_e132af1d29_b.jpg40900780490_cb3010ac4f_b.jpg42661915502_d86fb701e5_b.jpg42710914861_9eb854560a_b.jpg

Gino, awesome selection of books.  Every one of these is a rarity and gem.  Congrats on the wonderful editions to your outstanding collection.

9 hours ago, The-Collector said:

Very happy with this. Try finding another one! 

s-l400.jpg

Clarification: unless my eyes are deceiving me (and they never do that after age 50!), should the CGC label indicate issue #1 (reprinting the cover of Dynamic Comics #11)??  That looks like it says "Weekender #2" ... are OSPG and CGC in disagreement?

Edited by BuscemasAvengers