• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,435 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, sagii said:

:news:  A Grail obtained

The sincerest thanks to a SUPER Boardie who parted with this one for me. You are awesome :foryou:.  Easily one of the best Woman in Peril covers of the early golden age (what a hottie), and a new one added to my permanent collection pile, and top 10 covers i own list. Will make the Ace Thread another day for a' different' kind of shot :luhv:

Super-Mystery Comics #3.jpg

Has a Comic Cave and Ricksneatstuff type of cover written all over it :headbang:

4 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Do I win the prize for lowest-graded Church copy? :)

2018-06-11-0001_zpslqw9n9mb.JPG

Now that would be fitting for me since i collect the Arrow and looks way better than my Suspense 3 in that grade 

7 minutes ago, comicjack said:

Now that would be fitting for me since i collect the Arrow and looks way better than my Suspense 3 in that grade 

The low grade just shows how much the CGC graders hate me! :cry:

Either that or it reflects the fact that the cover is completely split. hm

1 minute ago, Sqeggs said:

The low grade just shows how much the CGC graders hate me! :cry:

Either that or it reflects the fact that the cover is completely split. hm

Still looks great and colorful 

10 hours ago, BuscemasAvengers said:

Clarification: unless my eyes are deceiving me (and they never do that after age 50!), should the CGC label indicate issue #1 (reprinting the cover of Dynamic Comics #11)??  That looks like it says "Weekender #2" ... are OSPG and CGC in disagreement?

I think you are correct that is a label error.

10 hours ago, sagii said:

The sincerest thanks to a SUPER Boardie who parted with this one for me. You are awesome :foryou:.  Easily one of the best Woman in Peril covers of the early golden age (what a hottie), and a new one added to my permanent collection pile, and top 10 covers i own list. Will make the Ace Thread another day for a' different' kind of shot :luhv:

WOW!!!!!!! GRAIL TYPE BOOK IS RIGHT!!!!! Man that is AWESOME!!! Huge congrats on obtaining that one it is not one that shows up often and I sure was hard to pry away as well!! Went to a great home though!!!!

1 hour ago, gino2paulus2 said:

WOW!!!!!!! GRAIL TYPE BOOK IS RIGHT!!!!! Man that is AWESOME!!! Huge congrats on obtaining that one it is not one that shows up often and I sure was hard to pry away as well!! Went to a great home though!!!!

Thanks Gino (one of my' love for the esoteric' brothers)(thumbsu

I am really happy to finally have a copy. 

On 6/11/2018 at 8:12 AM, sagii said:

What a great looking 4.0!

6 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

Finally paid this puppy off ...... Blazing Bob worked out a nice long time payment plan for me. The book once belonged to one of my favorite boardies. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

l5Uvg19.jpg

How was the surgery to have the left kidney removed?  I am sure it was worth it.  (worship)

4 hours ago, batman_fan said:

How was the surgery to have the left kidney removed?  I am sure it was worth it.  (worship)

This was a tough year and it was difficult staying on top of this with all my other issues …. I'll probably still have to sell some other books to balance things out.... but it was always a classic to me :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

10 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

This was a tough year and it was difficult staying on top of this with all my other issues …. I'll probably still have to sell some other books to balance things out.... but it was always a classic to me :cloud9: GOD BLESS....

It's one of the best.  Major congrats on landing it. 

1 hour ago, jimjum12 said:

It is a great book.  I think you made a wise purchase.