• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have a Cigar! Golden Age only....!
45 45

48,435 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, porcupine48 said:

Nice Gene!I found one the easiest,only seen mine,yours and Robot Mans #2 and looked for #3 for like twenty years!

Thx Jimmers! Anecdotally, my experience matches yours for commonality, so I was happy to get the set at once! The tougher ones have the better covers, but #1 has that Baker story...not a slouch in the line-up!

1 hour ago, porcupine48 said:

Nice Gene!I found one the easiest,only seen mine,yours and Robot Mans #2 and looked for #3 for like twenty years!

2 & 3 weren't that hard to get, Jimmers.  In fact these two copies had to fight their way to get into my collection, eh eh.

Weird Adv 2.jpg

Weird Adv 3.jpg

11 minutes ago, fifties said:

2 & 3 weren't that hard to get, Jimmers.  In fact these two copies had to fight their way to get into my collection, eh eh.

One and two I picked up ages ago,pre interweeb.At least I think so with issue 1-I found that in the hoard last yearish,can't recall when I got that one.Three was a toughie though.

(okay,I never really look that hard,actively seek out many books.I sort of just let them come my way.But I keep my eyes peeled.This being a Canadian book,I did look a little harder than normal.)

5 hours ago, Sqeggs said:

@Robot Man has a lot to answer for, leading me to start collecting stuff like this. :taptaptap:

image.jpeg

image2.jpeg

At least someone out there "gets" it. That American Eagle pin is a comic book club. Rare as heck. You really should pick up this one Tony. Hakes has one in his current auction. There are only 3 issues of Great Comics and we all know which one #3 is. How many of these do you think they sent out?

greatzarropin.jpg

15 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

At least someone out there "gets" it. That American Eagle pin is a comic book club. Rare as heck. You really should pick up this one Tony. Hakes has one in his current auction. There are only 3 issues of Great Comics and we all know which one #3 is. How many of these do you think they sent out?

greatzarropin.jpg

I bid on that one, but I didn't win it.  Closed a bit too high for me at $521.80.  I agree that you wouldn't think they would have had time to send out many before they killed the comic. 

2 hours ago, Robot Man said:

greatzarropin.jpg

That is so awesome!

12 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

Fortunately, this one was much more reasonable. Thanks to a fellow boardie.

XNdgkm.jpg

A reasonable boardie!? :whatthe:

Must be a catch somewhere. hm

Couldn't resist picking up this flyer.  I remember as a little kid just learning to read, going intently through the captions and pictures of Prince Valiant in each Sunday's paper.  Was a little surprised that this one sold for the opening bid. 

prince 1.jpeg

prince2.jpeg

prince 3.jpeg

prince4.jpeg